Re: [acemoney] Re: How to link payment to 2 contacts?

  • Thomas van der Straten Waillet
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 27 9:30 AM
      Very good....
      I forgot I use a "virtual" account for our school cause we receive paiements, we expend services and we deposit only twice or once a week.... Our parents are all Payees who pay to that school account cats and subcat are the services or monthly fees or whatever), and then that account transfers the deposit to the bank (which will reconcile beautifully)
      All info is there!!!

      It is very possible then to make virtual accounts for clients with paiements, due sums etc....).
      Gosh I am getting old!!!!
      Regards
      Thomas
      (never complicate what is simple!!!!)

    • trakhtenberg@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 13 , May 15, 2012
        Unfortunatelly I can't group or create reports by comments' field, so this suggestion is not for my problem, sorry.

      • trakhtenberg@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 13 , May 15, 2012
          Thanks for the timely comment! :-)
          I have more than 5

        • trakhtenberg@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 13 , May 15, 2012
            Please look, I've added my comments and questions between your texts.

            --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "JuWlz" <julie.wills@...> wrote:

            > If I've understood you correctly, you need to actually pay Google, but note which client the payment is on behalf of. You don't actually pay two companies at once with a single payment. The money only leaves your account once.

            Yes, You are right! Of course, the money leaves account only once. Sorry for my english :-)

            > I would make the payee the true recipient of the payment, i.e. Google, and use Categories (or subcategories, whichever is appropriate) to identify the clients.

            Yes, I'm using Categories/Subcategories.
            For example, transfer to Google registered as:
            Category: PPC-advertising
            Sub-category: Google Adwords
            Payee: Google

            When I receive money from the Client, I do record:
            Category: PPC-advertising
            Sub-category: Google Adwords
            Payer: Client

            and this point is a break-point between money from the Client and provision of services to this Client back.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 15, 2012
              But you can use a filter by tag, so think about it!
              Regards
              Thomas
            • Thomas van der Straten Waillet
              Message 6 of 13 , May 15, 2012
                Read my following post...in the group long time ago

                You CAN have as many tags as you want (Julie recognized it after a few hours, she did not know that feature). So tags may in fact be of very good help as you can use them to filter any existing report (or created one)
                A tag is not a comment!!! Right -click while on a transaction and you can add one or more tags..in your case, only one should do.
                You can edit (change tag names or create new ones in the tools menu)
                Regards
                Thomas

                I am going to think about a possible other way to manage your problem, I think there is a better way)
                Regards
                Thomas