Re: good program

  • netmouser
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 27 7:44 AM
      I agree, Max. Best deal ever. $39 for life per license is free as far as I'm concerned. And an additional license is half price.

      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "Max Wanadoo" <max.wanadoo@...> wrote:

      > Sorry, but I don't agree with you. I have been using AM for over 12 years
      > now.
      >
      > That is $5 per year. Or 40 cents per month. Or 1.4 cents per day.
      >
      > Reducing as time goes on.
      >
      > Remember it is a life-time licence!
      >
      > Max

    • Hydroguy
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 27 8:35 AM
        I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't eat hamburgers or go to parties. I have lots of software on my PC and I am just comparing the costs of those other programs to AM. For instance, I have a full budgeting program (that does much more than AM) called Money Map that I have been using for many years now. That program costs me $35 and it allows for installation on 2 PCs at no additional costs.

        Note, I use Money Map for my personal files, AM for an organization that I manage.

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 27 9:24 AM
          Well.....
          How much do spend in beer, cigarettes, alcohol, parties, hamburgers...... a month....
          How much VALUE do you give to a money SAVING program...
          I don't follow your logic!
          Regards
          Thomas

          El 27-04-2012, a las 10:25, "Hydroguy" <hydromagnet@...> escribió:

          > I have been using AM for about 2 months now. It is a great little program to manage checking accounts and I am finding it very useful. The version I am using is the Lite version which does all I need it to. I would gladly purchase the full version if the prize was less or if the license agreement would allow for use on more then one computer by the same user. I currently use AM Lite on my desktop and laptop with my data file in a Dropbox folder. Works great but I could not do that with the full version unless I purchased 2 licenses. Good as AM is, it is not good enough to pay $60 for 2 licenses.

        • rjwerning
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 27 9:29 AM
            I suppose someone could spend $49 for Quicken 2012, and then pay again next year for the new version, and in 2014 for the version after that.. if they don't like the lifetime license that Ace offers.

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 27 10:02 AM
              The additional license is NOT half price. Here is what the price shows:
              One computer $50 $39.99 each
              2-5 computers $38 $30.00 each
              6-10 computers $33 $25.00 each

              --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "netmouser" <lindawebbie@...> wrote:

              > I agree, Max. Best deal ever. $39 for life per license is free as far as I'm concerned. And an additional license is half price.
              >

              > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "Max Wanadoo" <max.wanadoo@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Sorry, but I don't agree with you. I have been using AM for over 12 years
              > > now.
              > >
              > > That is $5 per year. Or 40 cents per month. Or 1.4 cents per day.
              > >
              > > Reducing as time goes on.
              > >
              > > Remember it is a life-time licence!
              > >
              > > Max

            • Vicki
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 27 3:29 PM
                I agree with Max. I understand no software is perfect, and I've never found
                a package that approaches my finances exactly the way I would prefer to do
                it. BUT! AceMoney is so flexible, I can usually find a way to make it do
                things in a way that suits me. And $60 for two licenses (I only need one, so
                even less for me) for a lifetime of use? A major bargain in my book.

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 28 2:54 AM
                  A single license is $40
                  Two licenses is $60
                  The difference is $20, which is half of the single license cost.

                  So if you buy two licenses, and think of the first one as being $40, then
                  the second one is only $20, which is half price.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 28 8:03 AM
                    All right...
                    I quit drinking and stopped smoking, kept on with some hamburgers and once in a while organize a party for some friend.....
                    I cannot find Money Map, I'd love to have a look to compare.
                    You might be interested by Money Plus Sunset (absolutely free) from Microsoft.
                    It won't communicate with your bank, but you can import .qif and .ofx (I think .csv also) so lot of manual input is avoided. It has very good reporting and customization. You can create budgets also!
                    This might be your choice!
                    Regards
                    Thomas

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 28 8:14 AM
                      Dang, Thomas, I hit a problem right away. I exported one AM bank account. In Excel all transactions are there. But the import to MS Money only brought over about 30 transactions. I have no clue, and the help is no help, as to why a limited number of transactions were imported, and on how to get the rest imported from that file (2 years worth).

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 28 8:21 AM
                        I should add that the exported AM file in Excel even has the scheduled payments that show in the account view. It has everything in the view.

                        And the MS file looks like it is restricted to a statement's worth - from INTEREST PAID as the last March transaction through today (4/28). But nothing I see in Excel or AM indicates "a statement" so how did MS determine what to limit in the import from the file?

                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 28 3:17 PM
                          Dear Netmouser
                          If you export only one account as .qif from acemoney that REFERENCE other
                          accounts, those transactions will not be taken by Money except when you
                          import the other account.
                          I suggest you export all your accounts in different .qif, then import them
                          THE MAJOR FIRST followed by the least important ones until you have every
                          .qif in msmoney

                          If you wish, you can email me (my personal mail) the excel file (erasing
                          the values) and I'll try to figure
                          Best regards
                          Thomas

                        • netmouser
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 28 4:00 PM
                            I got it right this time - I mixed up my files. My error.

                          • netmouser
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 28 4:30 PM
                              Thomas - A good number of imported transactions do not have their categories (so the cats/subs are blank). There is no obvious reason - example, some cinema:sub trans are OK and other cinema:sub are not. That defeats my wish to try out the graphic reports for some additional reporting.

                            • Tom
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 28 8:44 PM
                                Can u send me an example from first line of .qif to some ten or twenty transactions including the faulty some faulty ones? I remember having had some problems when I did that myself to try money plus sunset and having to edit the .qif files!
                                Wipe the amounts or change them, I am not curious, or leave them (I am discreet!)
                                Hope I can find the problem as before!
                                Regards
                                Thomas