Re: Online banking accounts / deleting accounts?

  • jayleighsmith1
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23 5:13 PM
      I think you will find this Yahoo Group support to be very knowledgeable & the AceMoney Tech Support joins in, also. You can always submit a problem to Tech Support thru the website, too.

      I don't know why you would want to have your password & user ID inserted into the software? most banks require you to enter these as you log onto their websites.

      Almost all of AM menu selections have options available under the mouse right click. Select an account & right-click it, & select delete. You may want to transfer transactions & any balances to another account before you delete this one. Also, you can leave the account & show it as inactive but still present. That option is under Tools/Options to show or no-show.

      I'm not familiar with on-line payees? I bet I can type it in faster than you can find it! Also, once you have entered a payee, the context sensitive feature will bring back the data used from last entry including category & sub-category.

      The greater majority of us AM users find the software to be far easier to use with less bloat than all the other available software out there. Give it an honest try & I think you will be pleased.

      Regards - Jay

      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "spinnaker2011" <me@...> wrote:

      > I am trying my savings and checking transactions online. My bank is one of the supported banks.
      >
      > There is "supposed" to be a place for userid and password but all I am seeing is Bank number, routing number and transfer code.
      >
      > And how do you delete accounts?
      >
      > No online payee list?
      >
      > And support on yahoo groups? Are you kidding?
      >
      > Fantastic price on the software but other than that, I am not very impressed so far. Please do something to change my mind.

    • Remy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23 7:47 PM
        --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "jayleighsmith1" <jayleighsmith1@...> wrote:

        > I don't know why you would want to have your password & user ID inserted into the software?

        Really? So the software can download transactions directly from the bank account(s) without having to go through the bank's website.
      • Remy
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23 7:56 PM
          --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "spinnaker2011" <me@...> wrote:

          > There is "supposed" to be a place for userid and password but all I am seeing is Bank number, routing number and transfer code.

          Go into the Account's properties and click on the Online Setup button.

          > And how do you delete accounts?

          Right-click on the Account and choose the Delete option.

          > No online payee list?

          What is that supposed to be? The ability to store a list of Payees on a remote server? Why would you want that?

          > And support on yahoo groups? Are you kidding?

          This is a peer-to-peer support group. Users helping other users. This is NOT the official support channel, though official support personnel do chime in from time to time. The official support channel is http://support.mechcad.net

          > Please do something to change my mind.

          That is for you to do yourself. Read the tutorials, use the software for awhile, play with the features, decide for yourself if AceMoney suits your needs or not.