Re: [acemoney] 3 questions - subcategory subtotals on Criteria Report

  • rjmdlamkin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22 5:30 PM
      Thanks again, Jay, but on the version I'm using (4.20.5), the
      "Transactions by Criteria Report" lumps all subcategories together with only one
      subtotal for the entire category (even with the "show sub-totals" box checked).
      Does anyone else have any suggestions?

      In a message dated 4/21/2012 3:33:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      jayleighsmith1@... writes:

      For your Question #3, Select Reports menu, then select Reports by
      Sub-Category, & then go to lower left on the side menu & check the box that says
      "Show Sub-Totals"
      Regards - Jay

      --- In _acemoney@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:acemoney@yahoogroups.com) ,
      rjmdlamkin@... wrote:

      > 3. On the "Transactions by Criteria" report, is there a way to see
      > subtotals for each subcategory? When I click the "Category" button, the
      report
      > lumps all subcategories together with only one subtotal for the
      category.
      > (It does reorder the subcategories alphabetically, so I could manually
      add
      > the subtotals, but there is still just one big total for the entire
      > category.) What I'm looking for is something like this: If, for example,
      I have
      > a category for "business expenses," I'd like to see subtotals for each
      > subcategory such as "travel expenses," "meals," "supplies," etc. instead
      of
      > just seeing one big total for the whole category.

    • Remy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22 6:51 PM
        --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, rjmdlamkin@... wrote:

        > Thanks again, Jay, but on the version I'm using (4.20.5), the
        > "Transactions by Criteria Report" lumps all subcategories together with only one
        > subtotal for the entire category (even with the "show sub-totals" box checked).
        > Does anyone else have any suggestions?

        The "Transactions by Criteria" report is reporting on individual transactions and just happens to show the categories that are assigned to them, but it is not reporting on the subcategories themselves. To get the subcategory totals, you have to use the "Spending by subcategories" or "Monthly spending by subcategories" report instead.
      • rjmdlamkin@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23 5:14 AM
          Thanks for the confirmation. That's not the answer I wanted, but was the
          answer I suspected. I appreciate knowing it isn't just something I'm
          missing.

          In a message dated 4/23/2012 7:42:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          tstraten@... writes:

          data there to obtain what you want.
          Regards
          Thomas

          El 22-04-2012, a las 21:51, "Remy" <_gambit47@..._
          (mailto:gambit47@...) > escribió:

          > --- In _acemoney@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:acemoney@yahoogroups.com) ,
          rjmdlamkin@... wrote:

          > > Thanks again, Jay, but on the version I'm using (4.20.5), the
          > > "Transactions by Criteria Report" lumps all subcategories together
          with only one
          > > subtotal for the entire category (even with the "show sub-totals" box
          checked).
          > > Does anyone else have any suggestions?
          >
          > The "Transactions by Criteria" report is reporting on individual
          transactions and just happens to show the categories that are assigned to them,
          but it is not reporting on the subcategories themselves. To get the
          subcategory totals, you have to use the "Spending by subcategories" or "Monthly
          spending by subcategories" report instead.

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23 5:42 AM
            I confirm. No subtotaling by subcategories, only by categories. You can export to Excel and use the data there to obtain what you want.
            Regards
            Thomas