Re: [acemoney] 3 questions - viewing transactions in the order they were created

  • rjmdlamkin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22 5:15 PM
      Thanks for your response, Jay.

      About #1 (viewing transactions in the order they were created), I followed
      your suggestion of going to Tools, Options and un-checking the "deposits
      are first transactions of the day" and "sort the same day transactions by
      number." Thanks for the idea, but unfortunately, this did not allow me to
      view transactions in the order they were entered. The transactions are still
      ordered by "date" as the default, or I can click "payee" or "category" and
      it reorders the transactions accordingly. [If AceMoney creates a
      behind-the-scenes transaction number for each entry, and it if there was a visible
      column for those numbers on the transaction screen, then I could click
      that column heading to view transactions in the order created (just as I can
      now click "date," "payee," or "category," etc.]

      If there is another way to view transactions in the order they were
      created, I'd welcome suggestions from anyone.

      In a message dated 4/21/2012 3:33:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      jayleighsmith1@... writes:

      For your question #1, Try this. Go to Tools/Options & uncheck the box for
      "Deposits Are First Transactions Of The Day" & uncheck "Sort The Same Day
      Transactions by Number". These 2 check boxes are located in the left column
      of Tools Options.

      For your Question #2 - I don't have a solution for this on the Accounts
      page - But, maybe thru the Reports page, you could set a custom date &
      generate a report to show you your current status. The Report format can be saved
      & re-used at another time by calling the report from your favorites &
      updating the search date criteria.

      For your Question #3, Select Reports menu, then select Reports by
      Sub-Category, & then go to lower left on the side menu & check the box that says
      "Show Sub-Totals"

      Regards - Jay

      --- In _acemoney@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:acemoney@yahoogroups.com) ,
      rjmdlamkin@... wrote:

      > I've been working with AceMoney now for a little over a month and am
      > generally finding my way around the program easily (I had been using
      MSMoney
      > since 1997). I have 3 questions for those of you with more experience
      using
      > AceMoney.
      >
      > 1. Is it correct that there is no way to view transactions in the order
      > they were entered? I can't seem to find one, but this is often a helpful
      > function, especially when trying to locate an entry that was entered
      > incorrectly.
      >
      > 2. On the accounts screen, it always lists the account balances as of
      the
      > current date. Is there a way to view account balances as of a certain
      > date. Say, for example, could I see what the account balances were as of

      > 12/31/11? I would have expected to have a "filter by date" option, but
      there
      > doesn't appear to be one on the accounts screen.
      >
      > 3. On the "Transactions by Criteria" report, is there a way to see
      > subtotals for each subcategory? When I click the "Category" button, the
      report
      > lumps all subcategories together with only one subtotal for the
      category.
      > (It does reorder the subcategories alphabetically, so I could manually
      add
      > the subtotals, but there is still just one big total for the entire
      > category.) What I'm looking for is something like this: If, for example,
      I have
      > a category for "business expenses," I'd like to see subtotals for each
      > subcategory such as "travel expenses," "meals," "supplies," etc. instead
      of
      > just seeing one big total for the whole category.
      >
      > Thanks in advance for your responses.
      > Michele

    • Remy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22 6:53 PM
        --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, rjmdlamkin@... wrote:

        > If there is another way to view transactions in the order they were
        > created, I'd welcome suggestions from anyone.

        There is no direct way. AceMoney simply does not support what you are asking for at this time.
      • Petr Hrasky
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 22 11:54 PM
          Are you thinking of the situation where you may have entered a transaction
          say 2 months after it happened, and now want to be able see it listed
          as the last transaction in the account? If this is the case, I don't think
          you can.

          Petr

        • Petr Hrasky
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23 12:04 AM
            Yes there is, this is part of my spending by subcategories report:

            Bank Fees:Early Withdrawal 1 30 -30 Bank Fees:FX Conversion Fee 1 1.25
            -1.25 Subtotal 31.25 -31.25 Bike:Helmet 1 29.86 -29.86 Bike:Purchase
            1 60 -60 Subtotal 89.86 -89.86 Birthday:Petr 1 99.95 -99.95 Subtotal
            99.95 -99.95 Captiva:Petrol 3 205.04 -205.04 Captiva:Tolls 1 13.8 13.8
            Subtotal 205.04 13.8 -191.24 Caravan:Gloves 1 9.98 -9.98 Subtotal
            9.98 -9.98 Computer:CD Covers 1 1.99 -1.99 Computer:Internet
            Connections 1 49.95 -49.95 Computer:Mouse 1 19.98 -19.98
            Computer:Newsletter 1 42.5 -42.5 Computer:Screen Cleaner 1 10 -10 Subtotal
            124.42 -124.42
            Is this what is being requested?

            Petr