Re: [acemoney] iPhone App

  • Jon Leighton
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 12 7:39 AM
      I support the development of the app for Android too.

      Jon

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12 3:48 PM
        Hello All,

        I to would like "something" on Android.
        Why do a say "something", IMHO to have a "Full AceMoney" is unnecessary.

        I would rather have a compact capture tool.
        Screen 1 = Summary of accounts & balance with Exit/Add transaction button.
        With a [EXIT] [ADD] Buttons, add takes you to screen 2.

        Screen 2 = Add Transaction, see below.

        "Add Transaction Screen"

        Date: [03/04/2012]V
        Amount: [0000.00]
        Account: [From List ]V
        Payee: [From List ]V
        Comment: [add a note in here with details ]

        [Cancel] [ADD] [HOME]

        Just enough to capture the basics, then fill in/edit back in "Full AceMoney.
        The hard part will be getting the data/file to the device.
        You will have to assume you may not have connectivity all the time.

        I have AM on my main PC, and on my Laptop.
        I have AM data file synched via SugarSynch.
        I check on my Laptop before I leave home it updated.
        Use AM whilst out, connect if required, or wait till I'm home.
        SugarSynch keeps the files in Synch.

        Now add in a Mobile Device in the mix,
        Keeping things in Synch needs a little thought.
        You don't want to add on Mobile if you have possibly left AM on at Home?

        Being practical,
        are you going to start paying bills, doing transfers etc...
        Whilst out and about, I just want to capture enough to track the spend.
        Then when I open AM, any Mobile Transactions can be Synched up.
        I do all my other actions at home, when I have bills/online transactions.

        Keep it simple, devote more effort on AM rather than AMM(AM Mobile)

        Just my 2 cents or £0.0125 pounds worth

        Regards - Dave

        --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, Jon Leighton <jleighton60@...> wrote:

        > I support the development of the app for Android too.
        >
        > Jon

      • JuWlz
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13 2:45 AM
          To my mind, quick data capture is THE most important factor in a mobile app.

          Julie

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13 4:11 AM
            Hi Julie,

            Thanks for the reply and link, lot of very useful information.

            For me, being practical, pragmatic and keeping it simple?
            I would just like:

            - opening screen, accounts and balances. two button [ADD] [EXIT]
            - [ADD] = New screen with: Date, Amount, Account, Payeee, Comment.
            - With 2 buttons [ADD] [CANCEL]
            - [ADD] adds transaction, and stay on that screen.
            - [CANCEL] returns to main screen.

            Now synch with AM file when a connection is availble.

            If I need to edit something, splits etc...,
            I will do it on main PC before reconciling.
            Job done.

            Regards
            David

            --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "JuWlz" <julie.wills@...> wrote:

            > To my mind, quick data capture is THE most important factor in a mobile app.

            > Julie
            >
            > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "the_shamen" <xwebsubs@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hello All,
            > >
            > > I to would like "something" on Android.
            > > Why do a say "something", IMHO to have a "Full AceMoney" is unnecessary.
            > >
            > > I would rather have a compact capture tool.
            > > Screen 1 = Summary of accounts & balance with Exit/Add transaction button.
            > > With a [EXIT] [ADD] Buttons, add takes you to screen 2.
            > >
            > > Screen 2 = Add Transaction, see below.
            > >
            > > "Add Transaction Screen"
            > >
            > > Date: [03/04/2012]V
            > > Amount: [0000.00]
            > > Account: [From List ]V
            > > Payee: [From List ]V
            > > Comment: [add a note in here with details ]
            > >
            > > [Cancel] [ADD] [HOME]
            > >
            > > Just enough to capture the basics, then fill in/edit back in "Full AceMoney.
            > > The hard part will be getting the data/file to the device.
            > > You will have to assume you may not have connectivity all the time.
            > >
            > > I have AM on my main PC, and on my Laptop.
            > > I have AM data file synched via SugarSynch.
            > > I check on my Laptop before I leave home it updated.
            > > Use AM whilst out, connect if required, or wait till I'm home.
            > > SugarSynch keeps the files in Synch.
            > >
            > > Now add in a Mobile Device in the mix,
            > > Keeping things in Synch needs a little thought.
            > > You don't want to add on Mobile if you have possibly left AM on at Home?
            > >
            > > Being practical,
            > > are you going to start paying bills, doing transfers etc...
            > > Whilst out and about, I just want to capture enough to track the spend.
            > > Then when I open AM, any Mobile Transactions can be Synched up.
            > > I do all my other actions at home, when I have bills/online transactions.
            > >
            > > Keep it simple, devote more effort on AM rather than AMM(AM Mobile)
            > >
            > > Just my 2 cents or �0.0125 pounds worth
            > >
            > > Regards - Dave
            > >

            > > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, Jon Leighton <jleighton60@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I support the development of the app for Android too.
            > > >
            > > > Jon

          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 13 5:28 AM
              Julie,

              I just want to say that those discussions about an Android app you linked
              to were part of the reason I chose to try out AceMoney. A mobile app is
              very important to me, and the prospect of having one soon (hopefully this
              quarter) definitely helped to sway my decision, among other things. But
              unfortunately, Yahoo doesn't let us see the screenshots from the first
              reply. A little research on that tells me that you had to be a subscriber
              to the group and receiving individual e-mails of posts in order to get
              them. I was wondering if there was any way you or someone else could
              provide those screenshots somewhere where the rest of us could see them.
              imgur.com is a great, free site for sharing images. I realize they may no
              longer be the way the current dev team is going, but it would still be nice
              to see what was being considered at that time.

              Thanks.