Acemoney .bak files with other backup--necessary?

  • aussie59au
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2012
      Revisiting and developing an earlier thread--

      --I am improving my security and backup regime. I have now studied, continue to study & utilise the `on-premise' backup software, FBackup.

      I am able to do files backup, and Acemoney is part of this. My question is this:

      i) Wherein I am not utilising Acemoney backup, but other backup software, with this other software do I need to backup both .mmw AND .bak files, or just .mmw files?

      Thanks.
    • Jay Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2012
        I'm using 1ABC.Net Backup 4 & can designate where I want the backups to go. It surely wouldn't hurt to save your .mmw files in one location & your .mmw.bak files in another. I don't think you can have too many back-up copies as long as you know where they are located in the end.

        Regards - Jay

        To: acemoney@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 19, 2012
          There are no hard and fast rules. Just do what works for you.

          .bak files will get created based on your AceMoney usage and settings.
          "Normal" backups will get created according to your standard backup regime.

          The bottom line is that it will probably be easier to just back them all up and not worry about it.

          Assuming disk space isn't an issue, you can never have too many backups, as long as you can find them ;-).

          Julie