Re: [acemoney] Re: Is there a Mac version in the works?

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
      On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:28 PM, alexp_mechcad wrote:

      > We do not plan to release native Mac application, but you do not have to deal with Wine/CrossOver anymore, we have AceMoney packaged with Wineskin.
      >
      > It is very easy now, you just have to download this file and launch it http://www.mechcad.net/downloads/AceMoney.app.zip
      >
      > Of course, we recommend that you put the actual AceMoney.app into the Applications folder. For the updates, you just overwrite the old app with the new one and re-enter your license

      I've downloaded the Wineskin packaged AceMoney for the Mac. Functions a lot more like a regular app than it did under Wine/CrossOver. In fact, just like a regular app.

      So far so good. Only one problem. It want accept my security code. I've checked my records and I'm spelling the name correctly. Any idea what the problem is?

      And while I'm at it, could you point me to instructions for importing my records from SEE Finance? Likewise regard my old AceMoney files which, of course, are still in the old AceMoney format.

      Thanks,
      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA
      eeweir@...

      "A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
      so that it will be no worse because of his life."

      - Wendell Berry

    • Eric Weir
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
        Sending under a different subject heading in hopes of getting a response.

        On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:28 PM, alexp_mechcad wrote:

        > We do not plan to release native Mac application, but you do not have to deal with Wine/CrossOver anymore, we have AceMoney packaged with Wineskin.
        >
        > It is very easy now, you just have to download this file and launch it http://www.mechcad.net/downloads/AceMoney.app.zip
        >
        > Of course, we recommend that you put the actual AceMoney.app into the Applications folder. For the updates, you just overwrite the old app with the new one and re-enter your license

        I've downloaded the Wineskin packaged AceMoney for the Mac. Functions a lot more like a regular app than it did under Wine/CrossOver. In fact, just like a regular app.

        So far so good. Only one problem. It want accept my security code. I've checked my records and I'm spelling the name correctly. Any idea what the problem is?

        And while I'm at it, could you point me to instructions for importing my records from SEE Finance? Likewise regard my old AceMoney files which, of course, are still in the old AceMoney format.

        Thanks,
        Eric Weir
        Decatur, GA
        eeweir@...

        "A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
        so that it will be no worse because of his life."

        - Wendell Berry

      • David Polister
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
          I would think, for this, you might want a support ticket for direct access
          to support for your very specific issue. Since this is more of a user to
          user support group. I've found them to be very quick in responding to
          support tickets.

          Dave

          On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Eric Weir <eeweir@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Sending under a different subject heading in hopes of getting a response.
          >
          > On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:28 PM, alexp_mechcad wrote:
          >
          > > We do not plan to release native Mac application, but you do not have to
          > deal with Wine/CrossOver anymore, we have AceMoney packaged with Wineskin.
          > >
          > > It is very easy now, you just have to download this file and launch it
          > http://www.mechcad.net/downloads/AceMoney.app.zip
          > >
          > > Of course, we recommend that you put the actual AceMoney.app into the
          > Applications folder. For the updates, you just overwrite the old app with
          > the new one and re-enter your license
          >
          > I've downloaded the Wineskin packaged AceMoney for the Mac. Functions a
          > lot more like a regular app than it did under Wine/CrossOver. In fact, just
          > like a regular app.
          >
          > So far so good. Only one problem. It want accept my security code. I've
          > checked my records and I'm spelling the name correctly. Any idea what the
          > problem is?
          >
          > And while I'm at it, could you point me to instructions for importing my
          > records from SEE Finance? Likewise regard my old AceMoney files which, of
          > course, are still in the old AceMoney format.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Eric Weir
          > Decatur, GA
          > eeweir@...
          >
          > "A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
          > so that it will be no worse because of his life."
          >
          > - Wendell Berry

          David N. Polister

        • alexp_mechcad
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
            It is best if you copy&paste rather than type anything. The name is case sensitive, and the serial number must include all 6 lines.

            Regarding SEE Finance, just export all your accounts into a QIF format, and then import it in AceMoney. PLease see instructions here http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/faq.shtml#migration3

            Old AceMoney files can still be opened with AceMoney, by selecting File->Open. They will be converted upon opening.

            Regards,
            Alex P.
            MechCAD Software

            --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, Eric Weir <eeweir@...> wrote:

            > Sending under a different subject heading in hopes of getting a response.
            >
            > On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:28 PM, alexp_mechcad wrote:
            >
            > > We do not plan to release native Mac application, but you do not have to deal with Wine/CrossOver anymore, we have AceMoney packaged with Wineskin.
            > >
            > > It is very easy now, you just have to download this file and launch it http://www.mechcad.net/downloads/AceMoney.app.zip
            > >
            > > Of course, we recommend that you put the actual AceMoney.app into the Applications folder. For the updates, you just overwrite the old app with the new one and re-enter your license
            >
            > I've downloaded the Wineskin packaged AceMoney for the Mac. Functions a lot more like a regular app than it did under Wine/CrossOver. In fact, just like a regular app.
            >
            > So far so good. Only one problem. It want accept my security code. I've checked my records and I'm spelling the name correctly. Any idea what the problem is?
            >
            > And while I'm at it, could you point me to instructions for importing my records from SEE Finance? Likewise regard my old AceMoney files which, of course, are still in the old AceMoney format.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Eric Weir
            > Decatur, GA
            > eeweir@...
            >
            > "A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
            > so that it will be no worse because of his life."
            >
            > - Wendell Berry

          • Eric Weir
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
              On Mar 2, 2012, at 9:21 AM, David Polister wrote:

              > I would think, for this, you might want a support ticket for direct access
              > to support for your very specific issue. Since this is more of a user to
              > user support group. I've found them to be very quick in responding to
              > support tickets.

              Thanks, Dave. Didn't consider that.

              Eric Weir
              Decatur, GA USA
              eeweir@...

              "Hatred destroys. Love heals."

              - Eknath Easwaran

            • Eric Weir
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
                On Mar 2, 2012, at 1:04 PM, alexp_mechcad wrote:

                > It is best if you copy&paste rather than type anything. The name is case sensitive, and the serial number must include all 6 lines.

                Thanks, Alex. That's what I'm doing. I'm entering the name capitalized, as it appears on the top of the document in which the security code was first sent to me. I'll try it uncapitalized, though I suspect that's not right.

                > Regarding SEE Finance, just export all your accounts into a QIF format, and then import it in AceMoney. PLease see instructions herehttp://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/faq.shtml#migration3
                >
                > Old AceMoney files can still be opened with AceMoney, by selecting File->Open. They will be converted upon opening.

                Pretty straightforward.

                Not so critical a question, but what is Wineskin? I take it it's related to Wine, but it's a lot niftier. With Wine/CrossOver i could never remember from one AceMoney upgrade to another exactly how to install it. Always had to figure it out all over again. This is much better. Can't imagine any Mac users having any difficulty with it.

                Sincerely,
                Eric Weir
                Decatur, GA USA
                eeweir@...

                "Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

                - Amos Oz

              • alexp_mechcad
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
                  Wineskin is a tool that makes porting Windows applications to Mac easy - http://wineskin.doh123.com/