Re: Lost licence code

  • JuWlz
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 18, 2011
      I suspect that if you didn't keep a record of it, the only person who could have found it for you was Alex. I've seen others post about how to find it in the registry, so if you have a backup of that, you may be in luck. Otherwise, I'm afraid that there isn't anybody who can help you - at least until / unless AceMoney is sold on to somebody else who gets access to their records - and we have no way to know whather or not that may or may not happen.

      Sorry.

      Julie

      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, D Fletcher <fletch1@...> wrote:

      > I reloaded my computer and have lost my Acemoney code how do obtain it again
      > D Fletcher
      >
      > Sent from my iPa

    • netmouser
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 18, 2011
        If you lost the code - meaning file - you can still download that from the website as long as the website exists.

        That will let you install AM. But you also need the email with your license information to input those numbers during the install.

        --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, D Fletcher <fletch1@...> wrote:

        > I reloaded my computer and have lost my Acemoney code how do obtain it again
        > D Fletcher
        >
        > Sent from my iPa

      • PETE
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 18, 2011
          To find your AceMoney serial code from your computer, you can use the following procedure.

          However, be aware that making changes to the Registry may prevent your computer from working correctly. If you follow this procedure, you do so at your own risk and I accept no responsibility for any problems that may occur. The following procedure works in Windows 7 but it may be slightly different in other versions of Windows. However, the procedure will be fairly similar.

          Click 'Start', 'Run' and type 'Regedit' in the box, press 'Enter'; the Registry Editor will appear.

          In the left window, locate the HKEY_USERS key and left-click once.

          On the Menu toolbar, click 'Edit', then 'Find'. The Find dialogue box appears.

          In the 'Find What' box, type 'Mechcad' and click the 'Find Next' button; the search will start and the box will disappear when it finds a match.

          In the left window towards the bottom, you will see the MechCad folder. Click the arrow to the left of the word. The folder will open up to show sub-folders; locate the folder called Registration and left-click it once.

          In the right window, you will see the Serial Number.

          Right-click the Serial Number once to bring up a Context Menu, and click Modify. In the Edit String box, the 'Value Data' field is your serial Number as provided by MechCad when you registered the
          program.

          DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO ANY DATA OTHERWISE ACEMONEY MAY STOP WORKING

          When you have obtained the Serial Number, press the Cancel button on the Edit String dialogue box and close the Registry Editor.

          Note that the Serial Number is entered as 6 lines of 8 groups of 4 characters separated by hyphens;

          for example

          xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
          xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
          xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
          xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
          xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
          xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

          Hope this helps.

          Pete

          --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, D Fletcher <fletch1@...> wrote:

          > I reloaded my computer and have lost my Acemoney code how do obtain it again
          > D Fletcher
          >
          > Sent from my iPa

        • Thomas van der Straten Waillet
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 19, 2011
            Hi Derrick

            NORMALLY, when you bought your license, it was via www.plimus.com
            They sent you a mail with the info of the buy and an order number. They have an order locator on their site and if you give your order reference number and your email, they will send your your info INCLUDING your Licence key....
            Look at "Shoppers" on the low right side and there will be the order locator.

            (I bought it like that, so it works for me and I have now my license number in a safe place).

            Hope it helps
            Thomas

            2011/7/19 Derrick F Fletcher <fletch1@...>

            Hi
            Thanks for the info found the folder OK but it was blank I downloaded a new Acemoney and have lost my old prog. just have to see if website comes up with any thing on my account.
            I backed up all the data but not the prog. itself
            You live and learn
            D.Fletcher

            To find your AceMoney serial code from your computer, you can use the following procedure.

            However, be aware that making changes to the Registry may prevent your computer from working correctly. If you follow this procedure, you do so at your own risk and I accept no responsibility for any problems that may occur. The following procedure works in Windows 7 but it may be slightly different in other versions of Windows. However, the procedure will be fairly similar.

            Click 'Start', 'Run' and type 'Regedit' in the box, press 'Enter'; the Registry Editor will appear.

            In the left window, locate the HKEY_USERS key and left-click once.

            On the Menu toolbar, click 'Edit', then 'Find'. The Find dialogue box appears.

            In the 'Find What' box, type 'Mechcad' and click the 'Find Next' button; the search will start and the box will disappear when it finds a match.

            In the left window towards the bottom, you will see the MechCad folder. Click the arrow to the left of the word. The folder will open up to show sub-folders; locate the folder called Registration and left-click it once.

            In the right window, you will see the Serial Number.

            Right-click the Serial Number once to bring up a Context Menu, and click Modify. In the Edit String box, the 'Value Data' field is your serial Number as provided by MechCad when you registered the
            program.

            DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO ANY DATA OTHERWISE ACEMONEY MAY STOP WORKING

            When you have obtained the Serial Number, press the Cancel button on the Edit String dialogue box and close the Registry Editor.

            Note that the Serial Number is entered as 6 lines of 8 groups of 4 characters separated by hyphens;

            for example

            xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
            xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
            xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
            xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
            xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
            xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

            Hope this helps.

            Pete

            --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, D Fletcher <fletch1@...> wrote:

            > I reloaded my computer and have lost my Acemoney code how do obtain it again
            > D Fletcher
            >
            > Sent from my iPa

          • Russell Darling
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 19, 2011

              << NORMALLY, when you bought your license, it was via www.plimus.com

              My licence came from sales@... along with the steps on how to register my copy.

              Russell Darling

            • Derrick F Fletcher

                To find your AceMoney serial code from your computer, you can use the following procedure.

                However, be aware that making changes to the Registry may prevent your computer from working correctly. If you follow this procedure, you do so at your own risk and I accept no responsibility for any problems that may occur. The following procedure works in Windows 7 but it may be slightly different in other versions of Windows. However, the procedure will be fairly similar.

                Click 'Start', 'Run' and type 'Regedit' in the box, press 'Enter'; the Registry Editor will appear.

                In the left window, locate the HKEY_USERS key and left-click once.

                On the Menu toolbar, click 'Edit', then 'Find'. The Find dialogue box appears.

                In the 'Find What' box, type 'Mechcad' and click the 'Find Next' button; the search will start and the box will disappear when it finds a match.

                In the left window towards the bottom, you will see the MechCad folder. Click the arrow to the left of the word. The folder will open up to show sub-folders; locate the folder called Registration and left-click it once.

                In the right window, you will see the Serial Number.

                Right-click the Serial Number once to bring up a Context Menu, and click Modify. In the Edit String box, the 'Value Data' field is your serial Number as provided by MechCad when you registered the
                program.

                DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO ANY DATA OTHERWISE ACEMONEY MAY STOP WORKING

                When you have obtained the Serial Number, press the Cancel button on the Edit String dialogue box and close the Registry Editor.

                Note that the Serial Number is entered as 6 lines of 8 groups of 4 characters separated by hyphens;

                for example

                xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
                xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
                xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
                xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
                xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
                xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

                Hope this helps.

                Pete

                --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, D Fletcher <fletch1@...> wrote:

                > I reloaded my computer and have lost my Acemoney code how do obtain it again
                > D Fletcher
                >
                > Sent from my iPa

              • jarronwy23
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 19, 2011
                  My AceMoney folder where my account files (.mmw) are stored has my reg key in a document called "Registration Key.txt", so it gets backed-up along with my financial data. I don't remember if I put it there or if AceMoney did (it's been a few years), so it may be worth checking to see if you have it.

                  --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, D Fletcher <fletch1@...> wrote:

                  > I reloaded my computer and have lost my Acemoney code how do obtain it again
                  > D Fletcher
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPa

                • nick.clarke37
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 20, 2011
                    In my XP \program files\acemoney directory I have a file called AceMoneySettings.reg which contains the license key and other information from the original installation.

                    Nick.

                    --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "jarronwy23" <jarronwy23@...> wrote:

                    > My AceMoney folder where my account files (.mmw) are stored has my reg key in a document called "Registration Key.txt", so it gets backed-up along with my financial data. I don't remember if I put it there or if AceMoney did (it's been a few years), so it may be worth checking to see if you have it.
                    >
                    > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, D Fletcher <fletch1@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I reloaded my computer and have lost my Acemoney code how do obtain it again
                    > > D Fletcher
                    > >
                    > > Sent from my iPa

                  • netmouser
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 20, 2011
                      I have XP and do not have the file AceMoneySettings.reg. I did a search on my c: drive as well.

                      Nor do I have a file called Registration Key.txt

                      I do have the email with the key after my purchase as others have mentioned.

                      Linda Kilcrease

                      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "nick.clarke37" <nick.clarke37@...> wrote:

                      > In my XP \program files\acemoney directory I have a file called AceMoneySettings.reg which contains the license key and other information from the original installation.
                      >
                      > Nick.
                      >
                      > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "jarronwy23" <jarronwy23@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > My AceMoney folder where my account files (.mmw) are stored has my reg key in a document called "Registration Key.txt", so it gets backed-up along with my financial data. I don't remember if I put it there or if AceMoney did (it's been a few years), so it may be worth checking to see if you have it.
                      > >
                      > > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, D Fletcher <fletch1@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I reloaded my computer and have lost my Acemoney code how do obtain it again
                      > > > D Fletcher
                      > > >
                      > > > Sent from my iPa

                    • Remy Lebeau
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 20, 2011
                        In the AceMoney installation folder is a SaveSettings.bat script that exports AceMoney's Registry settings to the AceMoneySettings.reg file (and makes a copy of AeMoney's config.ini file as well).

                        Remy

                        I have XP and do not have the file AceMoneySettings.reg.  I did a search on my c: drive as well.

                        Nor do I have a file called Registration Key.txt

                        I do have the email with the key after my purchase as others have mentioned.

                        Linda Kilcrease

                        --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "nick.clarke37" <nick.clarke37@...> wrote:

                        > In my XP \program files\acemoney directory I have a file called AceMoneySettings.reg which contains the license key and other information from the original installation.
                        >
                        > Nick.
                        >
                        > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "jarronwy23" <jarronwy23@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > My AceMoney folder where my account files (.mmw) are stored has my reg key in a document called "Registration Key.txt", so it gets backed-up along with my financial data.  I don't remember if I put it there or if AceMoney did (it's been a few years), so it may be worth checking to see if you have it.
                        > >
                        > > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, D Fletcher <fletch1@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I reloaded my computer and have lost my Acemoney code how do obtain it again
                        > > > D Fletcher
                        > > >
                        > > > Sent from my iPa

                        <*> Your email settings:
                            Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                            (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:
                            acemoney-digest@yahoogroups.com
                            acemoney-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • netmouser
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 20, 2011
                          Oh, yes! I clicked the SaveSettings.bat file and it created the reg file. How / when do I use the reg file?

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 20, 2011
                            It is a backup of AceMoney's Registry settings.  Save it (and config.ini) somewhere safe.  If you ever need to restore AceMoney, say after a reinstall of the OS, then you can use AceMoney's RestoreSettings.bat script for that.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 20, 2011
                              Remy

                              Ok, I copied the two files and renamed their extensions to in_ and re_ and mailed that to me at gamil for storage.

                              Thanks.

                              > It is a backup of AceMoney's Registry settings.  Save it (and config.ini) somewhere safe.  If you ever need to restore AceMoney, say after a reinstall of the OS, then you can use AceMoney's RestoreSettings.bat script for that.

                            • Bod Zorg
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 21, 2011

                                Hi

                                Just double-click the .reg file to add its information the the registry; it will add your registration information (user name and serial number) and the recent file list.

                                Bod

                                PS The config.ini file belongs in C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\MechCAD\AceMoney

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 21, 2011

                                  PPS

                                  A better idea is to use RestoreSettings.bat; this will restore both the registry information and copy the config.ini file to the correct location.

                                  Bod