68Volunteers for Yokohama Visit

  • Travis LEE
    May 27, 2007

      Dear all,

      Once again, the Yokohama College of Social Welfare students will be visiting Singapore again.  For the past 10 odd years now, SVC has played host together with NCSS.  Our volunteers have always loved the opportunities of interacting with the Japanese students and made many friends through the experience.

      During their 1 week stay here, the Japanese students will be visiting VWOs and attending a short brief organised by NCSS.  The college requests 14 volunteers to accompany the 28 Japanese students who will be here from 11 to 14 June.

      There will be a briefing conducted by Mr Hanita and Mr Steven Ng, the tour operator on 8 June 2007 at NCSS Staff Lounge, Level 3, time currently will be 6 pm, until further notice.

      Our volunteers' role will be to be their chaperons, friends, Singapore ambassadors to show them around Singapore and also to educate them about the local social service sector and volunteering here.  From past experience, the Japanese will usually provide a transport allowance of about $10 for the entire week. To sum up, f or the volunteers, their main role is to be with the Yokohama students for the entire period that they are here in S'pore, be a good host and bring them around.

      We are looking for volunteers who can fully commit during the 5-day period from 11-14June. Proficiency in Jap would be a plus point. We promise you an interesting and invaluable experience. If you are interested or have any questions, pls feel free to contact either Travis or myself.

      Come join us in this exciting exchange program!

      I've attached the programme here..

      Most impt times that volunteers are needed:

      1.        Entire programme on 11/ June ( Monday )
      2.        12 June 17:00 ~ 20:00     Dinner ( with local volunteers )
      3.        13 June    17:00 ~ 20:00     Dinner ( with local volunteers )
      4.        Entire Programme on 14/ June ( Thursday )

      The 9 am to 4 pm activities at welfare organisations on 12 and 13 June - volunteers are encouraged to go.

      For the final day ie 15 June when they are leaving, volunteer can go to airport to send them off.

      Let me know asap, by tomorrow preferably.  Will need your full name and age.

      Thanks!
      Travis LEE | Principal Executive
      Corporate Communications Division | National Council of Social Service
      170 Ghim Moh Road #01-02 S 279621 · DID: 62102641 · Fax: 64671705 · www.ncss.org.sg
      Reaching out, changing lives
      Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately.