Re: ID card (was: Platinum!!)

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
      I have not seen the article, but I think I get the idea...the ID
      card would be more like a "license to operate" and that you would
      need to pass some form of test to get one???

      I'm sure the gov't would love it, since it would be another revenue
      source for them ;) but in reality, I think if we all know the rules
      governing detecting, and try to "set by example".

      that's my 2 cents worth on the topic... ;)

      Ken

      --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, Hoffman Charles <ammoman48740@...>
      wrote:

      > Patrick
      >
      > Did you read the article that i was talking about. It
      > just seems like people should know all there is to
      > know from the very first time they go out tecting.
      > They had to learn somehow.
      >
      > Charlie
      >
      > --- "Patrick A. Timlin" <ptimlin@...> wrote:
      >
      > > --- Hoffman Charles <ammoman48740@...> wrote:
      > > > Have you been out on findmal.com I was just
      > > reading
      > > > the minelab forum. They were talking about people
      > > > should have an ID card for metal detecting, so
      > > that
      > > > they can find them when they don't fill their
      > > holes.
      > > >
      > > > Does this make any sense to you?
      > >
      > > And do they expect people to drop an id card into
      > > every hole the
      > > leave unfilled so as to track them down??? :)
      > >
      > > Patrick Timlin
      > > http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • chrismiqua
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2006
        --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@...> wrote:

        > I have not seen the article, but I think I get the idea...the ID
        > card would be more like a "license to operate" and that you would
        > need to pass some form of test to get one???
        >
        > I'm sure the gov't would love it, since it would be another
        revenue
        > source for them ;) but in reality, I think if we all know the
        rules
        > governing detecting, and try to "set by example".
        >
        > that's my 2 cents worth on the topic... ;)
        >
        > Ken
        >
        > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, Hoffman Charles <ammoman48740@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Patrick
        > >
        > > Did you read the article that i was talking about. It
        > > just seems like people should know all there is to
        > > know from the very first time they go out tecting.
        > > They had to learn somehow.
        > >
        > > Charlie
        > >
        > > --- "Patrick A. Timlin" <ptimlin@> wrote:

        > > > reading
        > > > that
        > > > holes.

        > > > And do they expect people to drop an id card into
        > > > every hole the
        > > > leave unfilled so as to track them down??? :)
        > > >
        > > > Patrick Timlin
        > > > http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/
        > > > I tried a couple parks yesterday and they all had holes.
        Thing is both were filled with mulch and no digging was required. I
        filled in a lot of them, but there were a bunch more. What do you
        do in that situation...make a sign that says, fill in your holes?
        Chris