Re: New to this Group Got my ACE250 last week

  • Mark Conner
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 14, 2006
      Hey Ken,

      I got to thinking about this myself. If you take a metal rod and
      wrap it with copper wire and then pass a small amount of electricity
      through it, What do you get? Answer: a Magnet.

      Maybe if the cable really isn't insulated all that well. Then maybe
      it could cause just enough interfernce to the coil; which would then
      cause the Ace to go a little wacky at its highest settings.

      Just a theory,
      Former HAM myself :-)

      Mark

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 14, 2006
        Good point Mark...This will be an interesting one to try and test!

        Thanks,
        Ken

        --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Conner" <mkconner@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > > back over target another useful tip from this forum. I also
        > today
        > > > found a bracelet and a hang ten foot from a charm bracelet.
        The
        > > > Ace250 ran over lots of junk infact i ran it over foil and not
        > > even
        > > > a beep. The discrimnation really works. Any one new and wants
        > > Good
        > > > machine this is the one. I did my research and decided this
        > would
        > > be
        > > > a good choice. Anyways Good luck to all. Hope some of you get
        > off
        > > > that couch and get out. I would like to hear more on your
        finds.
        > > > anyways 200 or more times out i should have this machine paid
        > for
        > > > unless i hit Gold. Not sure if i will but I had fun 8 more

      • toltec_100
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 14, 2006
          Yes.....Yes...
          --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@...> wrote:

          > Well then, I'll give it a try then...you run the cable straight up
          > for 12 inches, then wrap it, correct? It is to make it more
          stable
          > at higher sensitivity settings, correct?
          > Thanks,
          > Ken
          >
          > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "toltec_100" <toltec_100@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Excuse me for butting in but I believe the idea of running the
          > coil
          > > up the shaft comes from Garrett themselves. I learned about it
          on
          > > the Garrett users forum. I think it was Mary, Garretts Customer
          > > Service rep who told one of the forum members about it and, well
          > you
          > > know the rest of the story. I was able to increas my bars up to
          5
          > > and 6 doing it. I use Scunci ponytailers myself. They come in a
          > > great variety of colors and textures.
          > > Oh yeah! Welcome aboard Cruzin!!
          > >
          > > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Welcome to the group cruzin! You will find the more you use
          the
          > > > machine the better you will get at identifying those sounds.
          As