Re: [ace250] Re: Got Mine!

  • Patrick A. Timlin
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2005
      Well the one thing I can suggest, as another beginner, is to tune
      down the sensativity a bit from the factory default. This will help
      avoid some of the garbage and ring on more of the true coins and
      stuff. Of course you won't hit as much stuff and may miss deeper
      stuff, but for now the idea is to get used to the machine and find
      some stuff, even if you miss a bit.

      Patrick

      --- toddnjeannie <toddnjeannie@...> wrote:

      > Much thanks. I took mine out for a few days while visiting my
      > parents
      > home in Kansas over the holidays. In two days I found about $2 in
      > change -- most of it came from my dad's fruit stand next to the
      > highway. The technology is much better than our old White's
      > detector
      > from the late 70's/early 80's -- but I'm finding some frustration
      > with
      > this Ace 250 because of erratic signals and i don't know how to
      > discriminate with it yet. Posted a photo of my 3-day finds in the
      > photo section under folder named 'Todd'.
      >
      > good hunting,
      > Todd

      Patrick Timlin
      http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/