hello group

  • guitarmechfunny
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
      Just wanted to say hi. I ordered an Ace 250 last night from Kellyco
      and can't wait to try it out. I have seen so many good things about
      this detector on this and other forums. I feel confident it will meet
      my expectations. I have been using a cheap Bounty Hunter for the last
      couple weeks here in TX and it while I have found a few things, I am
      not impressed with it. So after buttering up the wife she agreed to
      let me improve my equipment.
      Hope to post good finds soon, HH
      Chris
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
        Welcome to our group guitarmech...let us know when it arrives! We
        have a few new members in the last few days that have also either just
        ordered the machine, or just received them. I believe you will be
        happy with your choice.

        Best regards,
        Ken-Group Moderator

        --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "guitarmechfunny" <cballard97@a...>
        wrote:
        > Just wanted to say hi. I ordered an Ace 250 last night from Kellyco
        > and can't wait to try it out. I have seen so many good things about
        > this detector on this and other forums. I feel confident it will
        meet
        > my expectations. I have been using a cheap Bounty Hunter for the
        last
        > couple weeks here in TX and it while I have found a few things, I am
        > not impressed with it. So after buttering up the wife she agreed to
        > let me improve my equipment.
        > Hope to post good finds soon, HH
        > Chris
      • bigcatdaddy49
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005
          Welcome to the group and congrats on getting a Garrett. I'll refrain
          from jumping on the "wife buttering up" and "equipment improving"
          openings you left us and just say you got a sweet little detector
          coming your way and after swinging that BH you will notice an immediate
          increase in your good finds. What part of Texas are you in?

          wrote:
          > Just wanted to say hi. I ordered an Ace 250 last night from Kellyco
          > and can't wait to try it out. I have seen so many good things about
          > this detector on this and other forums. I feel confident it will meet
          > my expectations. I have been using a cheap Bounty Hunter for the last
          > couple weeks here in TX and it while I have found a few things, I am
          > not impressed with it. So after buttering up the wife she agreed to
          > let me improve my equipment.
          > Hope to post good finds soon, HH
          > Chris
        • guitarmechfunny
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005
            Well thanks you BCD on all accounts. I am in Fredericksburg, TX.
            Can't wait to try the Garrett. Supposed to be here Monday. I think I
            may have an "in" on the old drive in theater that has been closed
            for many many years here.

            --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "bigcatdaddy49" <bigcatdaddy@s...>
            wrote:
            > Welcome to the group and congrats on getting a Garrett. I'll
            refrain
            > from jumping on the "wife buttering up" and "equipment improving"
            > openings you left us and just say you got a sweet little detector
            > coming your way and after swinging that BH you will notice an
            immediate
            > increase in your good finds. What part of Texas are you in?
            >
            > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "guitarmechfunny" <cballard97@a...>
            > wrote:
            > > Just wanted to say hi. I ordered an Ace 250 last night from
            Kellyco
            > > and can't wait to try it out. I have seen so many good things
            about
            > > this detector on this and other forums. I feel confident it will
            meet
            > > my expectations. I have been using a cheap Bounty Hunter for the
            last
            > > couple weeks here in TX and it while I have found a few things,
            I am
            > > not impressed with it. So after buttering up the wife she agreed
            > > let me improve my equipment.
            > > Hope to post good finds soon, HH
            > > Chris
          • bigcatdaddy49
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 30, 2005
              Home of the Battlin' Billies, huh!! I'm originally from Kerrville but
              live in Pflugerville, north of Austin, now. I still have family over
              that way and drive thru F'burg on occasion. In fact, my niece in
              K'ville does a little 'tectorin with her 250, too. Not too much at
              this time as her job with UPS keeps her traveling on the East Coast.
              Anyway, good luck at the old drive in. Have they built anything where
              the old rodeo arena was out on 16 south. Might be a good spot, too.
              Also where the old county fair grounds were. Gotta be some old
              goodies around. Every time I go to K'ville, I always end up with a
              silver coin, wheat or IH, just hunting for an hour or so before I go
              on my visits so F'burg ought to have some lying around waiting for
              you too!! Good luck and keep us posted!!

              wrote:
              > Well thanks you BCD on all accounts. I am in Fredericksburg, TX.
              > Can't wait to try the Garrett. Supposed to be here Monday. I think
              > may have an "in" on the old drive in theater that has been closed
              > for many many years here.
              >

              > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "bigcatdaddy49" <bigcatdaddy@s...>
              > wrote:
              > > Welcome to the group and congrats on getting a Garrett. I'll
              > refrain
              > > from jumping on the "wife buttering up" and "equipment improving"
              > > openings you left us and just say you got a sweet little detector
              > > coming your way and after swinging that BH you will notice an
              > immediate
              > > increase in your good finds. What part of Texas are you in?
              > >
              > > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "guitarmechfunny"
              <cballard97@a...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > Just wanted to say hi. I ordered an Ace 250 last night from
              > Kellyco
              > > > and can't wait to try it out. I have seen so many good things
              > about
              > > > this detector on this and other forums. I feel confident it
              will
              > meet
              > > > my expectations. I have been using a cheap Bounty Hunter for
              the
              > last
              > > > couple weeks here in TX and it while I have found a few things,
              > I am
              > > > not impressed with it. So after buttering up the wife she
              agreed
              > > > let me improve my equipment.
              > > > Hope to post good finds soon, HH
              > > > Chris
            • guitarmechfunny
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 30, 2005
                That's right, go Billies. Nice to hear from someone close to home. I
                am not sure about the rodeo grounds, but the fair still takes place
                at the same location. I have been wanting to go out there too. If
                your neice ever needs a buddy I am always looking. More fun with
                others I think. Let me know if you ever come through and have the
                time.