Re: Glad we are coming alive

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2011
      Well Marna, I have a confession to make...one of my favorite summertime Saturday ventures is to hit rummage sales, and pick up some of the jewelry with the money I find detecting...it's more impressive to show my wife some gold jewelry instead of a pile of dirty quarters :)

      Of course none is of any real value, but the eye candy factor is worth it :)!

      Good job on the gold chain!!!

      Ken

      --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "marnact" <marnag@...> wrote:

      > Well, I did have one find that had nothing to do with my metal detector. I found a 14k gold chain at a tag sale in a bunch of costume jewelry for $5. I felt like that IKEA commercial --START THE CAR! START THE CAR!!!
      >
      > Does that count? :)
      >
      > M.
      >
      > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am glad to see the posts starting back up! I purposely sat back just to see if their still was interest in the group. I have to admit it was a tough thing to do, since I think of you all as friends that I just haven't met personally.
      > >
      > > Marna, I hope you are recovering! Wow...what a thing to have happen to you! I miss all of your fantastic jewelry finds.
      > >
      > > We are definitely in the deep freeze here in Michigan, so how about some encouragement from those of you that can still get out? (Hint...Chrismiqua??? :) )
      > >
      > > Thanks again for still showing interest in the site...I seriously considered shutting it down due to "lack of interest"!
      > >
      > > Ken

    • ShawnE
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2011
        Wow...great find Marna! I love to nose thru "junk" jewelry at sales just to see if something in the mix isn't really junk! I know how you feel, too, Ken...I head for the jewelry first at rummage sales.
        I once found a metal and rhinestone shamrock pin that was all dingy, tarnished at a school rummage sale...everyone had passed it up...looked terrible...but the leprechaun in me paid the 25cents for it...cleaned it up and it is a pretty little sterling pin that I wear on St. Pattys day.

        Shawn