Glad we are coming alive

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2011
      I am glad to see the posts starting back up! I purposely sat back just to see if their still was interest in the group. I have to admit it was a tough thing to do, since I think of you all as friends that I just haven't met personally.

      Marna, I hope you are recovering! Wow...what a thing to have happen to you! I miss all of your fantastic jewelry finds.

      We are definitely in the deep freeze here in Michigan, so how about some encouragement from those of you that can still get out? (Hint...Chrismiqua??? :) )

      Thanks again for still showing interest in the site...I seriously considered shutting it down due to "lack of interest"!

      Ken
    • marnact
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
        Well, I did have one find that had nothing to do with my metal detector. I found a 14k gold chain at a tag sale in a bunch of costume jewelry for $5. I felt like that IKEA commercial --START THE CAR! START THE CAR!!!

        Does that count? :)

        M.

        --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@...> wrote:

        > I am glad to see the posts starting back up! I purposely sat back just to see if their still was interest in the group. I have to admit it was a tough thing to do, since I think of you all as friends that I just haven't met personally.
        >
        > Marna, I hope you are recovering! Wow...what a thing to have happen to you! I miss all of your fantastic jewelry finds.
        >
        > We are definitely in the deep freeze here in Michigan, so how about some encouragement from those of you that can still get out? (Hint...Chrismiqua??? :) )
        >
        > Thanks again for still showing interest in the site...I seriously considered shutting it down due to "lack of interest"!
        >
        > Ken

      • crista Sadler
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
          I moved back to California after residing in Central Illlinois for the past two years,
          Well I havent been able to detect since summer of 2009 and having arrived back in Cali in August 2009 I remained extremely hurried to get my affairs in order.
          So finally last Tuesday I went out for the first time and oh my oh my was it fun!
          I was bit by the detecting bug all overagain LOL
          Now I am officially confirmed in this hobby and look forward to any spare time to go out Mding
          Next on to purchase my list is a Ace 350 to accompany my Ace 250....
          Thank you for this group
          And as always happy Hunting to all!

          Sent from my iPad
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 24, 2011
            Well Marna, I have a confession to make...one of my favorite summertime Saturday ventures is to hit rummage sales, and pick up some of the jewelry with the money I find detecting...it's more impressive to show my wife some gold jewelry instead of a pile of dirty quarters :)

            Of course none is of any real value, but the eye candy factor is worth it :)!

            Good job on the gold chain!!!

            Ken

            --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "marnact" <marnag@...> wrote:

            > Well, I did have one find that had nothing to do with my metal detector. I found a 14k gold chain at a tag sale in a bunch of costume jewelry for $5. I felt like that IKEA commercial --START THE CAR! START THE CAR!!!
            >
            > Does that count? :)
            >
            > M.
            >
            > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am glad to see the posts starting back up! I purposely sat back just to see if their still was interest in the group. I have to admit it was a tough thing to do, since I think of you all as friends that I just haven't met personally.
            > >
            > > Marna, I hope you are recovering! Wow...what a thing to have happen to you! I miss all of your fantastic jewelry finds.
            > >
            > > We are definitely in the deep freeze here in Michigan, so how about some encouragement from those of you that can still get out? (Hint...Chrismiqua??? :) )
            > >
            > > Thanks again for still showing interest in the site...I seriously considered shutting it down due to "lack of interest"!
            > >
            > > Ken

          • ShawnE
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 25, 2011
              Wow...great find Marna! I love to nose thru "junk" jewelry at sales just to see if something in the mix isn't really junk! I know how you feel, too, Ken...I head for the jewelry first at rummage sales.
              I once found a metal and rhinestone shamrock pin that was all dingy, tarnished at a school rummage sale...everyone had passed it up...looked terrible...but the leprechaun in me paid the 25cents for it...cleaned it up and it is a pretty little sterling pin that I wear on St. Pattys day.

              Shawn