hey Shawn

  • chrismiqua
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2009
      Is the moderator for "Buttonlovers" on vacation or something? My membership has been pending for 10 days and I'd really like some help. Thanks. Chris
    • Shawn Elaine Hogan
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2009
        Hi Chris,
        I do not know....so sorry....I only go on that board every once in a while....haven't been on for a while...it's one that I nose around on when I have some time.
        I will try and check for you via post, OK?
        Shawn

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2009
          Chris, question about moderator posted. Will let you know if he/she/they reply back...or someone from the group does.

          Friend and I went back to the huge forestry field we had been at before and we again found horseshoes but this time along with bridal parts and a spur. She has lived out there for years and has never remembered any horses being back there. I also found a 1966 quarter and several sizes of gun casing shells...one so small I almost missed it but the detector did not! She found another small matchbox size car.
          On the old baseball diamond we found a ton of junk...and a dangerous huge knife like piece off of some old farm equipment, we thought...like something out of a scary movie! With gun casings and that scary piece, we were a bit afraid to be out there after dark!
          Shawn Elaine
        • chrismiqua
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 11, 2009
            Thanks for the help with the button site. Sounds like you had an interesting hunt. Haven't been out since getting home, but hope to change that this week. Chris

            --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ShawnE" <shawnemck@...> wrote:

            > Chris, question about moderator posted. Will let you know if he/she/they reply back...or someone from the group does.
            >
            > Friend and I went back to the huge forestry field we had been at before and we again found horseshoes but this time along with bridal parts and a spur. She has lived out there for years and has never remembered any horses being back there. I also found a 1966 quarter and several sizes of gun casing shells...one so small I almost missed it but the detector did not! She found another small matchbox size car.
            > On the old baseball diamond we found a ton of junk...and a dangerous huge knife like piece off of some old farm equipment, we thought...like something out of a scary movie! With gun casings and that scary piece, we were a bit afraid to be out there after dark!
            > Shawn Elaine

          • ShawnE
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 11, 2009
              Hi Chris,
              I tried emailing you an update but kept getting a failure notice.

              I have heard nothing from the group...no one has posted back. I did find the info. on the group from when I first joined with a moderator add. so, I emailed her, too...and so far, nothing from her either. Not sure what the heck is going on. Am so sorry...I really thought they could help you. Let me know if you hear from anyone, and I will keep you posted if I do, OK?

              Hope you get some MDing time in....bbbrrrr...we set a WI record low here last night and supposed to be lower tonight...not looking forward to winter (and frozen ground) but it comes any way!

              Take care,
              Shawn
            • chrismiqua
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
                Thanks for your efforts! I also linked up with the Rockhound site and they've been very informative. What part of Wi. are you from? Sorry it's getting cold already...you never got to summer. We have the opposite problem in Fl. Too hot to get out. Chris

                --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ShawnE" <shawnemck@...> wrote:

                > Hi Chris,
                > I tried emailing you an update but kept getting a failure notice.
                >
                > I have heard nothing from the group...no one has posted back. I did find the info. on the group from when I first joined with a moderator add. so, I emailed her, too...and so far, nothing from her either. Not sure what the heck is going on. Am so sorry...I really thought they could help you. Let me know if you hear from anyone, and I will keep you posted if I do, OK?
                >
                > Hope you get some MDing time in....bbbrrrr...we set a WI record low here last night and supposed to be lower tonight...not looking forward to winter (and frozen ground) but it comes any way!
                >
                > Take care,
                > Shawn

              • Shawn Elaine Hogan
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
                  Am happy you are finding help somewhere, Chris....sorry....I take it Rockhounds have to do with those who collect rocks?  or do Lapidary?  Another interest of mine....I collect them, too.....seems I love anything to do with digging in the dirt!

                  I am at the very southeast corner of the state....right on the IL border....between Milwaukee and Chicago. And you are so right....we hardly had any summer this year....but I like cooler weather so am not complaining, too much. It's just the freezing ground I don't like...can't dig, can't garden, ect.

                  Where are you in FL? A friends dad lives in the Villages and someday I am going to visit him with her....metal detector in tow, hopefully! Would love to hit the ocean shores but he is not near them. Don't think I could live in such humidity....did that for a year in VA and it was just tooooooo humid! Living a street away from the ocean didn't help either.

                  Shawn