history anyone?

  • Sandy North
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2009
      This weekend or next weekend I get to go metal detecting on some property where the trail of tears went through and has a possible civil war campsite on it.  A lot of bullets and other civil war relics have been found there yet it hasn't been hit by metal detectors much.
      What other kind of items would be associated with trail of tears.  I'm trying to do some quick reading.

      Thanks,
      Sandy

      --
      http://drusyquartz.blogspot.com/   http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6462660
      http://www.scrubsncandles.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2009
        Sandy, I'm no expert on it, but just about anything may be possible. You are doing the right thing with doing your research and reading.

        Have you ever used the Official Records of the Civil War? They may help you about the possible camp.

        Keep in mind water was a lifeline at that time, so old streams or riverbeds would be good areas to hunt.

        Let us know if you find anything!

        regards,
        Ken