Garrett 250 and the Beach

  • threedog2008
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25 2:47 PM
      How does this MD do on a saltwater beach? Any hints, suggestions? Talked with salesman I purchased from, and he said the salt water is what "confuses" the MD. But, if I turn the sensitivity back until I get less and less false hits, I should be fine. Anyone?
    • lagreeneye@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25 3:14 PM

        I have a whites mxt & a  garett 250. I hand the 250 to friends at the beach, thinking the mxt has better discreption. they usually out find me. Even gold necklaces that I missed. I prefer the 250 now

        How does this MD do on a saltwater beach? Any hints, suggestions? Talked with salesman I purchased from, and he said the salt water is what "confuses" the MD. But, if I turn the sensitivity back until I get less and less false hits, I should be fine. Anyone?

      • Arnold Tukkers
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25 3:32 PM

          Hey,

          Stay 5 meters away from the water, it should work fine. Near the water you get to much false salt water beeps.

          Greets

          Arnold

          The Netherlands

          How does this MD do on a saltwater beach? Any hints, suggestions? Talked with salesman I purchased from, and he said the salt water is what "confuses" the MD. But, if I turn the sensitivity back until I get less and less false hits, I should be fine. Anyone?

        • Boux
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 25 8:38 PM
            I used to own a Whites XLT.  My Ace 250 is "almost" as good and $800 cheaper then the XLT.  As for fresh water beach hunting... no problems here.

            I'm happy with my Ace 250.

            Rob
            Winnipeg, Canada

            __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4367 (20090825) __________