First day with Garrett 250

  • threedog2008
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2009
      Woooohooooo!!!!! Another fine sweltering Texas afternoon. Temp was 97F and
      the heat index is around 400F. Well, I did it. My first non-trash find.... a
      1973 Roosevelt dime. I estimate this find to be worth in the neighborhood of 10
      cents. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on the value. All I can say is
      "Cha-Ching, Baby!"

      Am saving my finds so I can buy the Garrett Infinium LS. At a price of
      $1062.95, it will take me only 29 years, and a month to save that much. I can't
      wait. See you in 2038, Mr. Garrett.

      All kidding aside, I figured it would be like that. The indicator was set for
      coin mode, buzzing nickles and I was digging up beer bottle tops, and soda can
      pull tabs. No problem. May wait til late Sept before making that hike again.
      Next weekend, Galveston beach.