What a find!

  • Shawn Elaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2009
      Hello all,
      Even tho I don't chime in much I love reading about all your finds, and just your experiences.
      Haven't been out much at all this year except for the back yard where my nephew and I found one nickel, and one penney. Next week I am taking my MD up to one of my brothers houses (am housesitting, petsitting) and will have all week just to MD if I want. Their house in on old farmland.

      But, just had to tell you all this story.....
      Earlier this summer my nephew found a 1928 Liberty Silver Dollar in good condition on a small hill between the neighbors house and their house...just sitting there...on top of the grass! It belonged to neither the neighbors or my nephews family. The funny thing is, I had walked close by that same spot several times already that day and didn't spot it. "Pennies from heaven" maybe? According to Internet search, my brother figures it is worth $300! Thats alot of pennies! Still have no clue where it came from but my nephew is thrilled with his find.

      Hope you all have great MD summer, and that it warms up for those of you that are cold.
      ~Shawn Elaine~