Metal Detector Cartoon

  • Patrick A. Timlin
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
      I wonder if that's a 250 she's using?

      http://tinyurl.com/8shwd

      Send in payment for mine last week for the ebay auction which I hope
      arrives with the seller today. Very excited about getting the Ace 250
      in my hands later this week!

      Patrick Timlin
      http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/
    • dan gibbs
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
         Not only is it funny, but its a good idea!

        "Patrick A. Timlin" <ptimlin@...> wrote:
        I wonder if that's a 250 she's using?

           http://tinyurl.com/8shwd

        Send in payment for mine last week for the ebay auction which I hope
        arrives with the seller today. Very excited about getting the Ace 250
        in my hands later this week!

        Patrick Timlin
        http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Patrick A. Timlin
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
          --- dan gibbs <toltec_100@...> wrote:
          > Not only is it funny, but its a good idea!

          That kind of brings up an interesting subject. I am still waiting for
          my 250 to arrive (will have to check out those $5 volume control
          Radio Shack headphones) but I already have something I need it for.

          We have a septic system and it is time to get it pumped. I have to
          dig up one of the covers on the tank to give the caca-sucker guy
          access. I guess these have three hatches on them typically and the
          one I normally dig up is the first one closest to the house and inlet
          pipe. Last time the guy said it is better to use the middle hatch to
          get better access to the middle of the tank. But not being sure how
          far apart the hatches are, I don't want to start digging randomly to
          find hatch #2. If memory serves me correctly (which is doesn't always
          do) I believe the little cement hatch covers have a twisted steel
          cable loop that serves as a handle. So once my Ace 250 arrives, I
          should be able to locate all three hatches by detecting those metal
          cables.

          So that got me thinking, what other "useful uses" (actually servicing
          a purpose other than treasure hunting and pleasure/recreation) have
          other people found their detectors good for. And I suppose treasure
          hunting fit if you used it to find a specific lost item for someone,
          but I am curious if anyone found theirs to come in handy for a sort
          of nontraditional application like my poop-tank locator.

        • lacyss1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
            In a message dated 8/2/2005 8:35:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, ptimlin@... writes:
            So that got me thinking, what other "useful uses" (actually servicing
            a purpose other than treasure hunting and pleasure/recreation) have
            other people found their detectors good for. And I suppose treasure
            hunting fit if you used it to find a specific lost item for someone,
            but I am curious if anyone found theirs to come in handy for a sort
            of nontraditional application like my poop-tank locator.
            A couple of years ago a family member called me at 6am in the morning to ask me to hurry over to their house and try to locate their house keys they had dropped somewhere between the front door and the driveway in 2 feet of snow and ice.   They were heading out to Florida and were fearful if the keys were spotted after the snow melted anyone would have the house keys and the key to the house alarm sys.also. By the time I got there they had shoveled all the snow off the yard and piled it around a chain link fence which didn't help much. After searching the shoveled snow for about a half hour we gave up and went back to the yard which had been shoveled down to the grass level. It was there we found the keys with the detector ------they had dropped the keys into the snow and when they shoveled and scraped the yard the had moved the key ring into the only hole in the yard and covered it with snow.---------Lacy