Re: [ace250] ACE 250 Protection

  • morsenut@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2005
      Ho Lacy,

      Thanks for the information.

      I am visualizing that a large, clear plastic bag, something like a freezer bag, could be placed over the control box and then held in place with a wire tie.

      Is that what you do or similar?

      Good Hunting,

      Tim
    • Patrick A. Timlin
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
        I wonder if that's a 250 she's using?

        http://tinyurl.com/8shwd

        Send in payment for mine last week for the ebay auction which I hope
        arrives with the seller today. Very excited about getting the Ace 250
        in my hands later this week!

        Patrick Timlin
        http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/
      • dan gibbs
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
           Not only is it funny, but its a good idea!

          "Patrick A. Timlin" <ptimlin@...> wrote:
          I wonder if that's a 250 she's using?

             http://tinyurl.com/8shwd

          Send in payment for mine last week for the ebay auction which I hope
          arrives with the seller today. Very excited about getting the Ace 250
          in my hands later this week!

          Patrick Timlin
          http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Patrick A. Timlin
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
            --- dan gibbs <toltec_100@...> wrote:
            > Not only is it funny, but its a good idea!

            That kind of brings up an interesting subject. I am still waiting for
            my 250 to arrive (will have to check out those $5 volume control
            Radio Shack headphones) but I already have something I need it for.

            We have a septic system and it is time to get it pumped. I have to
            dig up one of the covers on the tank to give the caca-sucker guy
            access. I guess these have three hatches on them typically and the
            one I normally dig up is the first one closest to the house and inlet
            pipe. Last time the guy said it is better to use the middle hatch to
            get better access to the middle of the tank. But not being sure how
            far apart the hatches are, I don't want to start digging randomly to
            find hatch #2. If memory serves me correctly (which is doesn't always
            do) I believe the little cement hatch covers have a twisted steel
            cable loop that serves as a handle. So once my Ace 250 arrives, I
            should be able to locate all three hatches by detecting those metal
            cables.

            So that got me thinking, what other "useful uses" (actually servicing
            a purpose other than treasure hunting and pleasure/recreation) have
            other people found their detectors good for. And I suppose treasure
            hunting fit if you used it to find a specific lost item for someone,
            but I am curious if anyone found theirs to come in handy for a sort
            of nontraditional application like my poop-tank locator.

          • lacyss1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
              In a message dated 8/2/2005 8:35:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, ptimlin@... writes:
              So that got me thinking, what other "useful uses" (actually servicing
              a purpose other than treasure hunting and pleasure/recreation) have
              other people found their detectors good for. And I suppose treasure
              hunting fit if you used it to find a specific lost item for someone,
              but I am curious if anyone found theirs to come in handy for a sort
              of nontraditional application like my poop-tank locator.
              A couple of years ago a family member called me at 6am in the morning to ask me to hurry over to their house and try to locate their house keys they had dropped somewhere between the front door and the driveway in 2 feet of snow and ice.   They were heading out to Florida and were fearful if the keys were spotted after the snow melted anyone would have the house keys and the key to the house alarm sys.also. By the time I got there they had shoveled all the snow off the yard and piled it around a chain link fence which didn't help much. After searching the shoveled snow for about a half hour we gave up and went back to the yard which had been shoveled down to the grass level. It was there we found the keys with the detector ------they had dropped the keys into the snow and when they shoveled and scraped the yard the had moved the key ring into the only hole in the yard and covered it with snow.---------Lacy