First hunt of the year

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2009
      Happy New Year to all fellow coinshooters and greetings from
      Sarasota, FL. It was a beautiful morning when I woke today so I took my
      Ace 250 to a local schoolyard for a couple of hours. My first find was
      a Chinese coin....a 1 YI YUAN. It is worth about 14 cents in USA
      currency I later learned on the web. I have now found coins from 9
      countries outside the USA.
      I also found a cheap earring, a cat and a guitar bracelet charm as
      well as 1 penny, 1 dime and 7 quarters.
      But the big find was an 18K gold wedding band. This is the 3rd gold
      ring I have found at this school in the past 2 years.
      I hope today's hunt is just the start of a great year of finds.

      HH Ron
    • BB
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2009
        That's great Ron,
        Way to start off the New Year. You will have to post some pics of your
        finds for our enjoyment and your bragging rites. You are on quite a
        roll with that ring.
        Congrats and keep it swinging!

        BB

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2009
          Great job Ron! I'm glad you are able to get out. We are frozen under
          here in Michigan!!!

          hh
          Ken

          --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <rgallo0@...> wrote:

          > Happy New Year to all fellow coinshooters and greetings from
          > Sarasota, FL. It was a beautiful morning when I woke today so I took
          my
          > Ace 250 to a local schoolyard for a couple of hours. My first find
          was
          > a Chinese coin....a 1 YI YUAN. It is worth about 14 cents in USA
          > currency I later learned on the web. I have now found coins from 9
          > countries outside the USA.
          > I also found a cheap earring, a cat and a guitar bracelet charm as
          > well as 1 penny, 1 dime and 7 quarters.
          > But the big find was an 18K gold wedding band. This is the 3rd
          gold
          > ring I have found at this school in the past 2 years.
          > I hope today's hunt is just the start of a great year of finds.
          >
          > HH Ron

        • BB
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2009
            I know what you mean, Ken!
            Maybe the moderators of this site will find it in their hearts to
            post Ron's finds on the main page and show the rest of the group the
            treasures that await in their detecting.

            Keep it swinging!

            BB

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 6, 2009
              ron, if you post the pics to your directory, I will put it on the
              front page ok?
              Ken

              --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "BB" <tresbravo@...> wrote:

              > I know what you mean, Ken!
              > Maybe the moderators of this site will find it in their hearts to
              > post Ron's finds on the main page and show the rest of the group
              the
              > treasures that await in their detecting.
              >
              > Keep it swinging!
              >
              > BB
              >

              > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Great job Ron! I'm glad you are able to get out. We are frozen
              > under
              > > here in Michigan!!!
              > >
              > > hh
              > > Ken
              > >
              > > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <rgallo0@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Happy New Year to all fellow coinshooters and greetings from
              > > > Sarasota, FL. It was a beautiful morning when I woke today so I
              > took
              > > my
              > > > Ace 250 to a local schoolyard for a couple of hours. My first
              > find
              > > was
              > > > a Chinese coin....a 1 YI YUAN. It is worth about 14 cents in
              USA
              > > > currency I later learned on the web. I have now found coins
              from
              > 9
              > > > countries outside the USA.
              > > > I also found a cheap earring, a cat and a guitar bracelet
              > charm as
              > > > well as 1 penny, 1 dime and 7 quarters.
              > > > But the big find was an 18K gold wedding band. This is the
              3rd
              > > gold
              > > > ring I have found at this school in the past 2 years.
              > > > I hope today's hunt is just the start of a great year of
              finds.

              > > > HH Ron

            • Ron
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 6, 2009
                I just posted a photo of my finds from Saturday...First Hunt of
                2009 under Ron's Finds.

                HH Ron

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
                  Thanks Ron. Nice finds! I've got you up as the featured finds!!
                  hh
                  Ken

                • Shawn Elaine
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 8, 2009
                    Great finds for the start of 2009, Ron!...I love the guitar charm!
                    ~Shawn~