Re: Update on the Nat Geo kids metal detector

  • Shawn Elaine
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
      Chris, it's a good thing my nephew and his sisters love worms! and all
      kinds of bugs, critters...right now they are in charge of a baby grass
      snake so not much scares them except spiders.
      He just showed me his findings so far today (he's been out there
      everyday since)...most of it added bolts (one is like 6" long),
      washers, wire, ect. but he also found his first coin on his own near
      the swingset...a Canadian penny! Yey! Maybe I will finally have a MD
      partner! He is now doing the digging on his own...and he assures me he
      is refilling the holes. His dad said the lawn needs aerating anyways.
      I gave him a little carpenters belt that I got with my MD, had him put
      in some bags and a rag in it for his finds. He thought that was the
      greatest! So cute I just had to take his pic with his new "outfit",
      the detector and the huge bolt he found.
      ~Shawn Elaine~