Where is everyone???

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 10, 2008
      I know, everyone is watching the stock market instead of posting,
      correct? :)

      I miss everyone! I admit I have not had much opportunity this summer
      to get out.

      I've been following Chrismiquas adventures up and down the eastern
      seaboard, and she has been doing quite well...so when she gets home, we
      will have some good pics of her finds.

      Best regards,
      Ken
    • Dr. Stephen Andrew Wilson
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 10, 2008
        Actually, ken: Everybody is out taking advantage of those awesome
        gasoline prices. :-)

        I haven´t been out detecting in about a month down here in old Mexico,
        but I am anxious to, and have located several great places.
      • jenniferhallock
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 10, 2008
          --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Stephen Andrew Wilson"
          <xe1ufo@...> wrote:

          > Actually, ken: Everybody is out taking advantage of those awesome
          > gasoline prices. :-)
          >
          > I haven´t been out detecting in about a month down here in old
          Mexico,
          > but I am anxious to, and have located several great places.

          dr wilson
          where r u in mexico? we are stayin in queretaro,will be here 2 more
          weeks..
          jens mom

          /
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 10, 2008
            I never thought I'd be happy to see the day gas hit $3 a gallon:) It
            sure has been a wild ride between the stock mkt and gas prices!

            I'm glad to see everyone is still onboard here...I started to get a bit
            worried...thinking you all had found the lost dutchman's mine...and
            retired quietly away :)

            Good to hear rom you!
            Ken

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 10, 2008
              Steve, I know this is off topic, but I just got my tech license
              (KD8JJK) and hopefully later this month take the general exam. Right
              now, I'm only working CW on the 40 meter band. I just noticed your
              call letters. We will have to try and schedule a qso after I upgrade
              ok?
              Best regards,
              Ken

              wrote:

              > Actually, ken: Everybody is out taking advantage of those awesome
              > gasoline prices. :-)
              >
              > I haven´t been out detecting in about a month down here in old Mexico,
              > but I am anxious to, and have located several great places.

            • Dr. Esteban Wilson, XE1UFO
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 10, 2008
                Yes sir, Ken! Congrats! Any other ham radio operators on here?

                Steve, a.k.a. XE1UFO a.k.a. KA5SUT
              • Boux
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 10, 2008
                  Rob here, VE4RRB

                  I like my Ace 250; for the price you can't go wrong!

                  73
                  de Rob

                  Yes sir, Ken! Congrats! Any other ham radio operators on here?

                  Steve, a.k.a. XE1UFO a.k.a. KA5SUT

                • Toby Burnett
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 11, 2008
                    Ahh still here too, I know what you mean though, I havent seen much activity on the board. Ken well done on your tech license, hope to work you on the bands.
                    May be going out with my ace on the beach this afternoon.

                    Regards

                    Toby (MM0TOB)

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 11, 2008
                      Over here in the Thumb of Michigan, Waiting for some time to go out detecting.. This summer has been so busy, I wash winter wasnt as cold as it is because, i would be detecting all the time.

                      Jennifer

                      wrote:

                      > Actually, ken: Everybody is out taking advantage of those awesome
                      > gasoline prices. :-)
                      >
                      > I haven´t been out detecting in about a month down here in old Mexico,
                      > but I am anxious to, and have located several great places.

                    • J. Stargel
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 11, 2008
                        Ken,

                        This is my first posting, and I used to be a ham, N8EYL.  Unfortunately, children and grandkids take up a lot of time, and with the introduction of cell phones . . . well, you get the picture.

                        Back on topic, I finally rounded up and sold all the silver I found with my cheapo Bounty Hunter for the last few years and bought an Ace 250.  It's fantastic.  I feel like a caveman with a laptop, but I'm trying to get the hang of it.

                        Jack
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 11, 2008
                          Jack, it's nice to have you on the site! I also started with the
                          tracker 4 by bounty hunter...havent used it since getting the 250.

                          I understand about the radio hobby taking the back seat. I had a
                          novice ticket back in the early 80's, but let it lapse when my family
                          was just getting started...of course they are just about all grown
                          and out of the house now, so thats why I'm getting back into it.

                          I apologize for the off-topic post to anyone that is not an amateur
                          radio operator...but what the heck, if you were ever interested, now
                          you know which of us to contact for further info. We'd love to have
                          you take up the hobby!
                          hh
                          Ken