Re: What you do :o)

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2007
      Well Dennis, thank you for the kind words! I know there are a lot of
      members that do check up on us, and use the info on the site. That is
      what we are here for.

      With the history of your yard, therehas to be some "silver" awaiting
      you. I might suggest picking a 10'X10' area, and digging everything
      out of that plot using just the coin setting...then go back over the
      the same area with the coin and jewelry setting, then lastly in all
      metal...once that is done, move to another area and do the same. Do
      you have older larger trees on the property? Before air conditioning,
      a shady spot was prized, and people would congregate for family picnics
      there.

      Of course you have probably already tried this, but I thought I'd share
      with you how I would probably try to tackle the area.

      Best regards to you,

      Ken

      --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <rob_bran@...> wrote:

      > Hey Ace250 guy. Tho I never post. I do read fairly often. I have
      hunted
      > unsucessfully a few time in my 108 yr old yard. I have soooo much
      junk.
      > I think i will start to have to dig up everything to
      find "anything" :o)
      > I do appreciate your efforts also. Have a A blessed
      Christmas "EVERYONE"

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2007
        Dennis, I see in your profile you are from Georgia...have you checked
        out the Official Records (found online) and Civil War Atlas to see if
        there was activity on the property?? All that "junk" might be
        $$precious Civil War items!!!

        Just a thought...