Re: [ace250] New to metal detecting

  • rob roy
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2007
      Could be like you say.
      I guess if any of the methods mentioned works, great.
      I almost never use the detuneing. It has come in handy a couple of times,
      but usually, I find the target right in front, about an inch in front from where the
      rod connects with the coil.

      I've noticed the F75, F4 and F2 also have eliptical coils. I wonder if they have the same problem the Ace 250 has with pinpointing?

      I understand the F2 little brother to the F4 is coming out sometime this November in time for Christmas. Looking forward to testing it out.

      Regards
      Robert R

      daveoz@... wrote:
      I think the method shown on the pic I posted is different from those
      shown on the Garrett site Rob.

      I took the liberty of altering one of their animations.

      In pinpoint mode....dig where the sound ends.......

      http://img161. imageshack. us/img161/ 8462/ppingdeep2o ptbx1.gif

      Dave
      ------

      http://mail.yahoo.com