Re: New Member

  • wvgrandpappy
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 3, 2007
      --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Tye" <satelliteguy01@...> wrote:

      > My wife and i just recently purchased an Ace 250. We're just
      beginning
      > this new hobby and are very encouraged by other detectors with some
      > great finds. We have only been out a couple of times, so we're still
      > trying to get used to it. But we've been having fun and have found
      > mostly bottle caps and some nails for now, but, tomorrow's another
      > day.....

      GREAT to have you here at the ACE250 forum. Like to invite you to come
      on over to the Treasure Quest forum also.

      http://www.treasurequestxlt.com/community/
    • wcochran2002
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 4, 2007
        New member here too. I just bought a 150 and it is still in the box.
        Even came with a new Garrett hat. Can you tell I am excited! Plus I got
        a great deal from the dealer on it too and they are local to boot.
        My biggest problem is understanding how to exactly locate what the
        detector has found and how to dig it out. Is there a prevered way to do
        these things or do you just figure them out for yourself?
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 5, 2007
          --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "wcochran2002" <wcochran2002@...> wrote:
          >The easiest thing for you to do would be to go to the links site which
          is to the left of the messages in a blue box. Click on that. For more
          info go to Ernie's site...everything you ever wanted to know. HH Chris

          > New member here too. I just bought a 150 and it is still in the box.
          > Even came with a new Garrett hat. Can you tell I am excited! Plus I
          got
          > a great deal from the dealer on it too and they are local to boot.
          > My biggest problem is understanding how to exactly locate what the
          > detector has found and how to dig it out. Is there a prevered way to
          do
          > these things or do you just figure them out for yourself?

        • icuallnow
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 5, 2007
            Join the crowd. It takes some getting used to, finding the target.
            On shallow targets it is usually just in front of where the rod
            connects to the coil. Go to Garrett website and there is a movie clip
            on pinpointing.

            Have fun. Lots of coins out there to be found. In awhile, you may want
            to get the sniper coil 4.5 for trashy areas. Can be gotten for $58.00
            or less on E-bay.

            Robert

            --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "wcochran2002" <wcochran2002@...> wrote:

            > New member here too. I just bought a 150 and it is still in the box.
            > Even came with a new Garrett hat. Can you tell I am excited! Plus I
            got
            > a great deal from the dealer on it too and they are local to boot.
            > My biggest problem is understanding how to exactly locate what the
            > detector has found and how to dig it out. Is there a prevered way to
            do
            > these things or do you just figure them out for yourself?

          • Bill Cochran
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 5, 2007
              I think my new title should be the human gopher. I called Garrett and
              asked them if they had any other information on how to use the
              detector. A very nice lady is sending me a DVD and to my surprise the
              Christmas promotion items. She asked if I had received them when I
              purchased the detector and I hadn't (I just got it yesterday). I had
              registered the warranty online so there was proof that I had purchased
              it. They are sending the DVD, the how to find treasure book, headphones
              and the carrying case also. What a great surprise. I can't imagine
              anyone would want to deal with any other detector manufacturer than
              Garrett. Now I call that service and more motivation to dig more of my
              yard up!!
            • icuallnow
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 6, 2007
                Where did you buy your detector? That stuff is supposed to COME with
                your detector, or did you buy it off Ebay. Sometimes the extras are
                missing when you get it on Ebay but not usually.
                Your going to have a blast. I went to a small park just before dark
                last night and found a mans silver wedding ring. That and a penny. Not
                sure which is worth more. Hahahaha. Silver doesn't have much value as
                gold these days.
                Robert Roy

                --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Cochran" <wcochran2002@...> wrote:

                > I think my new title should be the human gopher. I called Garrett and
                > asked them if they had any other information on how to use the
                > detector. A very nice lady is sending me a DVD and to my surprise the
                > Christmas promotion items. She asked if I had received them when I
                > purchased the detector and I hadn't (I just got it yesterday). I had
                > registered the warranty online so there was proof that I had
                purchased
                > it. They are sending the DVD, the how to find treasure book,
                headphones
                > and the carrying case also. What a great surprise. I can't imagine
                > anyone would want to deal with any other detector manufacturer than
                > Garrett. Now I call that service and more motivation to dig more of
                my
                > yard up!!

              • icuallnow
                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 6, 2007
                  Everyone....Check this site out for videos on useing the Ace250

                  http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=ace+250
                • Bill Cochran
                  Message 8 of 24 , Oct 6, 2007
                    I purchased the 150 from a genuine dealer where I live. I am not sure why the other accessories were not with it. I was able to get it a lot cheaper from the dealer than anyone had them listed on eBay anyway.
                  • icuallnow
                    Message 9 of 24 , Oct 6, 2007
                      Well, that explains it. If the price was as low as your implying thats
                      because you didn't get the extras. I got mine through Kellyco Meteal
                      Detectors. Got a very nice set of headphones with the controls to turn
                      down volume on both left and right ears. The rest of the stuff I could
                      have done without anyway. Even the little garden trowel they sent was
                      so cheap it broke at the andle after about a week.(:-) They sent along
                      a cheap carry case for the Ace.

                      We have an Ace Hardware store that has these really strong plastic/but
                      not plastic trowels that are molded as one piece and has the inches
                      measured on it so you can know how far you have dug down. 4 inch is
                      max. Cost about three bucks.

                      CHeck out Clevengers Metal Dectors on the internet. He has no website
                      but thee is a 1-800 number listed. He as some great prices.

                      Enjoy.

                      Message 10 of 24 , Oct 7, 2007
                        I bought mine from the dealer new in box for $100.00. Plus I am still getting the free stuff from Garrett. I think it was a fair deal and I have an authorized local dealer to back it up too.
                      • Tye
                        Message 11 of 24 , Oct 7, 2007
                          -My wife bought our 250 thru kellyco also. I do agree that the
                          headphones are nice with the volume control, although a bit big and
                          bulky for my taste, the trowel broke on us also. I found a very nice
                          trowel at a local Big Lots for about $3.00. Works much better and
                          very well put together.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Oct 8, 2007
                            You got a fantastic deal! Good job.
                            Ken

                            Message 13 of 24 , Oct 8, 2007
                              I went out for the first time today at a local State Park beach and
                              found seven cents. The State of Ohio has cut the funding to our parks
                              back so much, I almost gave it back to them.
                            • Bill Cochran
                              Message 14 of 24 , Oct 11, 2007
                                Well my legs and back are killing me and I see what they say about
                                detecting is healthy for you. I must have walked for a at least three
                                hours in the last two days at the state park beach. I have found a
                                total of 48 cents in pennies only. I think the only collectable item I
                                found was an old pull tab. I bet a museum would like me to donate it to
                                them. LOL I can see why this can become addicting to you. I received my
                                Christmas bonus from Garrett today. That package with the promotion was
                                very nice and will be quite helpful to me. Thanks.