Re: the depth of the ace 250

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31 11:23 AM
      It depends on many variables...soil...moisture, mineral deposits,
      nearby trash items, position of the buried object, size of the buried
      object and on and on...but the main item is placing the coil over the
      right target and digging it! :)
      hh
      Ken

      --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, rob roy <icuallnow@...> wrote:

      > Don't you think it depends on the soil your in?
      > Bench testing gives me one reading but out in the park depending
      on the moisture and other elements, I get a different reading.
      > RR
      >
      > ace250guy <milairnut@...> wrote:
      > I've gotten similar targets, and it is amazing the depth
      the machine
      > is capable of. Makes you wish you had a "handle stretcher" on your
      > digging tool doesn't it? :)
      > Ken
      >
      > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ralphvirno" <ralphvirno@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I live in Pa. and just the other day I was at a lake side where
      > people
      > > come to swim, get some sun in the sand and all that fun stuff. I
      > brough
      > > my ace with me just in case there were not to many people around.
      > So I
      > > started to do some searching and I came across a tone in all
      metal
      > > mode, it was faint and only heard it once so I knew it was deep
      so
      > > started digging. Can you believe I dug almost 20 inches deep
      before
      > > came across a flattened beer can. I was disapointed, but I
      realized
      > > that the ace can really go very deep. furthermore, the sand was
      > only
      > > about 6 inches deep and the rest was solid clay mixed with rocks.
      > > That's very impressive! So the point is, when you hear a tone as
      > you
      > > sweep and dont here it again you are in luck because that means
      > there
      > > is something lurking deep beneth your coil. So start digging
      until
      > you
      > > find it, it just might be you lucky day. Another thing, embrace
      > your
      > > ace.

      Yahoo! FareChase.