My Ace 250 bench/air test

  • tim
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2007
      Set up an air/bench test of the Ace 250 and here are the results.

      All Metal mode detected; (at full sensitivity)
      quarters at 10"
      dimes at 9"
      pennies at 9"
      gold ring at 7"
      gold plated small chain at 4"
      pull tab at 8"
      nickel at 8"
      foil at 6"
      iron at 9.5"

      Jewelry mode detected; same as All Metal except no iron.

      Relics mode detected; same as All Metal except no iron.

      Coins mode detected; same as All Metal except no iron and no foil.

      My Custom mode setting is set to accept nickels and the ring part of
      a pull tab. All other signals have been eliminated.

      My thinking is when the Ace 250 picks up a signal around the nickel
      pull tab range I would switch to Custom mode and try to cut down on
      finding pull tabs and perhaps increase my chances of finding rings.

      Per all metal detector manufactuers, these depths are not an actual
      represntation of ground depth readings.

      Tim