Re: Mark Conners photos

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2006
      You definitely hit the right spot at the right time! I was glad to
      see your posts, I hadn't heard from you for awhile. I'm glad you're
      still checking in on us.
      Ken

      --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Conner" <mkconner@...> wrote:

      > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Mark you have some fantastic finds there. Thanks for sharing the
      > > photos.
      > > Ken
      > >

      > Hey Ken,
      >
      > Those last four photos are from the last several times I've been
      beach
      > hunting, with another detector. The photo labeled 'Excal Beach' was
      > about two weeks ago. On that trip I found seven toe rings, a gold
      > ring, and the gold eagle. That was a good trip to say the least!
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Mark

    • Mark Conner
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2006
        Yep, I still subscribe to the email list, wouldn't miss it. I just
        got the excalibur about three months ago, but I'll never sell the
        Ace. The 250 just can't handle the wet salt beaches very well.

        I've been trying my hand at beach huntin for several months now, the
        beach is a whole other ballgame. At the local park, if you hunt an
        area one day then you can pretty much rest assured that the
        following day you don't need to go back over it; at the beach the
        sands are constantly shifting along with the gold. Makes for a more
        interesting hunt! :-)

        I would encourage anyone who has the Ace to go to their local beach
        and give it a try, just remember to stay high up in the dry sand or
        else you'll be diggin alot of false signals. The picture of the
        solitaire "diamond" ring was found with the Ace in the dry sand.

        Happy Huntin
        Mark