Re: Mark Conners photos

  • Mark Conner
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2006
      --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@...> wrote:

      > Mark you have some fantastic finds there. Thanks for sharing the
      > photos.
      > Ken

      Hey Ken,

      Those last four photos are from the last several times I've been beach
      hunting, with another detector. The photo labeled 'Excal Beach' was
      about two weeks ago. On that trip I found seven toe rings, a gold
      ring, and the gold eagle. That was a good trip to say the least!

      Thanks,

      Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2006
        You definitely hit the right spot at the right time! I was glad to
        see your posts, I hadn't heard from you for awhile. I'm glad you're
        still checking in on us.
        Ken

        --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Conner" <mkconner@...> wrote:

        > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "ace250guy" <milairnut@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Mark you have some fantastic finds there. Thanks for sharing the
        > > photos.
        > > Ken
        > >

        > Hey Ken,
        >
        > Those last four photos are from the last several times I've been
        beach
        > hunting, with another detector. The photo labeled 'Excal Beach' was
        > about two weeks ago. On that trip I found seven toe rings, a gold
        > ring, and the gold eagle. That was a good trip to say the least!
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mark

      • Mark Conner
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2006
          Yep, I still subscribe to the email list, wouldn't miss it. I just
          got the excalibur about three months ago, but I'll never sell the
          Ace. The 250 just can't handle the wet salt beaches very well.

          I've been trying my hand at beach huntin for several months now, the
          beach is a whole other ballgame. At the local park, if you hunt an
          area one day then you can pretty much rest assured that the
          following day you don't need to go back over it; at the beach the
          sands are constantly shifting along with the gold. Makes for a more
          interesting hunt! :-)

          I would encourage anyone who has the Ace to go to their local beach
          and give it a try, just remember to stay high up in the dry sand or
          else you'll be diggin alot of false signals. The picture of the
          solitaire "diamond" ring was found with the Ace in the dry sand.

          Happy Huntin
          Mark