Re: [ace250] Re: Button help

  • Mike & Audrey
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2006
      I live in Mackinaw IL  Not far from Peoria and Bloomington. On another list someone said it may be a state guard button. If you look at the Il state seal it has then words on it plus the word Union. The neat thing is this town was founded in 1827. My dad has found 2 Civil war buttons in this town one in my yard. The yard I was hunting was across the street from mine and next door to the ITT depot.  The traction was a electric train that was put in in 1910. But the Terre Haute and Peoria ran next to it in the 1800 s. So it is very possible soldiers  got off  the train and walked though these yards  going places. The funny thing is not one pre 1900 coin has been found in these 2 yards yet.  I live on a double lot and I would guess well over a hundred coins have been pulled out of my yard My house was built about 1895 and I live in the original part of town. Sorry so long winded I love town history. And I collect it on mine.
      Mike H