beach

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 4:35 AM
      Besides getting sand blasted, as Ernie did, All I found were 2 crushed
      beer cans. One Bud and a Miller...is this significant? I got skunked
      on the beach, but got $7 off of 2 playgrounds.
      Took my brother to Honeymoon Island beach, but didn't detect. Met a
      guy using a White's detector and he was showing me what it does when
      he declared, "I have a hit and it's 2"'s down." I looked at the sand,
      bent over, picked up a dime and handed it to him.
      Is there an easy way to dig in wet sand? I found it difficult from
      the standpoint of the hole filling itself in before being through with
      it. Have to go back "inland" today. Bob, and Ken, you both found
      special things...congrats! HH Chris
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 1:58 PM
        Well in Michigan that bud and miller can is the equivilent to 20
        cents...in Florida they're worth well...nada...you need the bottle
        return fee to clean up those beaches ;)

        Next time you come up, we'll pick you up the scoop shovel from Finch.
        It's $49 and you scoop out all the sand, hold it in the water...it
        washes out the sand, and your find is left in the scoop. You are
        right with the filling in with water.. I guess you have to use a
        different technique compared to land hunting. It's cheaper than
        building coffer dams :)

        How did the 250 perform? Did you try the reduced sensitivity?
        Ken

        --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chrismiqua@...> wrote:

        > Besides getting sand blasted, as Ernie did, All I found were 2
        crushed
        > beer cans. One Bud and a Miller...is this significant? I got
        skunked
        > on the beach, but got $7 off of 2 playgrounds.
        > Took my brother to Honeymoon Island beach, but didn't detect. Met a
        > guy using a White's detector and he was showing me what it does when
        > he declared, "I have a hit and it's 2"'s down." I looked at the
        sand,
        > bent over, picked up a dime and handed it to him.
        > Is there an easy way to dig in wet sand? I found it difficult from
        > the standpoint of the hole filling itself in before being through
        with
        > it. Have to go back "inland" today. Bob, and Ken, you both found
        > special things...congrats! HH Chris

      • Ernie D
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1 4:02 PM
          Ken,

          As far as the sensitivity goes, the beach that I was on let me run the sensitivity up to 7 bars and still ran clean with no false signals. I was in the dry (slightly damp from the wind blown spray) sand.

          Ernie

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2007
            Went to Sebastian and Wabasso beaches today. Found 4 pennies at
            Sebastian and a house key. Wabasso wasn't much better...1 penny and 1
            nickel and a necklace. Photo op at chrismiqua's sniper coil finds. HH
            Chris