Re: Found in the Yard

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2006
      -
      Great job! What part of the yard did you find it in?
      Ken

      -- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Bobby" <bobbyloren@...> wrote:

      > Hello Fellow Hunters,
      >
      > Today, I was working my yard. The house was built in 1930. I had
      > been over it a dozen times or more with a Tracker 4. I don't know
      > if it was me, or the Ace 250, but I had a great day. I found 49
      > cents. One was a 1917 wheat penny, one was a 1890 Indian Head
      > penny. The rest was really bad clad, most from the 1970's and
      > 1980's. My best find, was a Civil War Union Breast Plate!!!!
      Ken,
      > I wish we would have hunted the yard when you was here. It has a
      > full Eagle, and lots of lead on the back. No hooks, though. I'll
      > get some pics in the next few days. I can look the rest of my
      life
      > and not find another plate. This thing showed as a dime. My
      > original plug didn't find it. I played with the soil and saw an
      > edge. I thought it was an old Mason Jar cap. I danced into the
      > house with it. I'm still on cloud nine, and will be for days.
      >
      > Thank God for Garrett Technology.
      >
      > Happy hunting to you all.
      >
      > Bob

    • Bob Loren
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2006
        It was between the porch and the driveway, about equal with the front yard tree. I'm going to attempt to upload the pic now. Have to figure it out.

        >From: ace250guy <milairnut@...>
        >Date: Sun Apr 30 19:03:53 CDT 2006
        >To: ace250@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ace250] Re: Found in the Yard

        >-
        >Great job! What part of the yard did you find it in?
        >Ken
        >
        >-- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Bobby" <bobbyloren@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hello Fellow Hunters,
        >>
        >> Today, I was working my yard. The house was built in 1930. I had
        >> been over it a dozen times or more with a Tracker 4. I don't know
        >> if it was me, or the Ace 250, but I had a great day. I found 49
        >> cents. One was a 1917 wheat penny, one was a 1890 Indian Head
        >> penny. The rest was really bad clad, most from the 1970's and
        >> 1980's. My best find, was a Civil War Union Breast Plate!!!!
        >Ken,
        >> I wish we would have hunted the yard when you was here. It has a
        >> full Eagle, and lots of lead on the back. No hooks, though. I'll
        >> get some pics in the next few days. I can look the rest of my
        >life
        >> and not find another plate. This thing showed as a dime. My
        >> original plug didn't find it. I played with the soil and saw an
        >> edge. I thought it was an old Mason Jar cap. I danced into the
        >> house with it. I'm still on cloud nine, and will be for days.
        >>
        >> Thank God for Garrett Technology.
        >>
        >> Happy hunting to you all.
        >>
        >> Bob
        >>

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bob Loren
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2006
          The pic is up for anyone who cares to see it.

          Bob

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2006
            Great job...on the find and the u/load of the picture Bob! Congrats!
            Ken

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2006
              How deep was it???

              --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, Bob Loren <bobbyloren@...> wrote:

              > The pic is up for anyone who cares to see it.
              >
              > Bob
              >
              > >From: Bob Loren <bobbyloren@...>
              > >Date: Mon May 01 18:01:12 CDT 2006
              > >To: ace250@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: Re: [ace250] Re: Found in the Yard
              >
              > >It was between the porch and the driveway, about equal with the
              front yard tree. I'm going to attempt to upload the pic now. Have
              to figure it out.

              > >>From: ace250guy <milairnut@...>
              > >>Date: Sun Apr 30 19:03:53 CDT 2006
              > >>To: ace250@yahoogroups.com
              > >>Subject: [ace250] Re: Found in the Yard
              > >
              > >>-
              > >>Great job! What part of the yard did you find it in?
              > >>Ken

              > >>Ken,
              I'll
              > >>life