Garrett ace 250

  • tracker4user
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      Welcome aboard! You are here because you either already own an ace
      250 detector, or are considering purchasing one. I want this to be an
      active group, with plenty of posts. Please indicate where you are
      from when posting. No flaming or insulting will be tolerated in this
      group. Thank you and best regards,
      Ken-group moderator
    • Roger
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2005
        --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "tracker4user" <milairnut@y...> wrote:
        > Welcome aboard! You are here because you either already own an ace
        > 250 detector, or are considering purchasing one. I want this to be an
        > active group, with plenty of posts. Please indicate where you are
        > from when posting. No flaming or insulting will be tolerated in this
        > group. Thank you and best regards,
        > Ken-group moderator

        Hi Ken, My name is roger and I'm from Northern NewHampshire.
        I am 65 yrs of age and have been considering metal detecting as a
        pastime. I have read all sorts of info on the ace-250, but can not find
        anything that talks about ground balance. Is it auto?
        Also having never tried detecting before, I sure will be reading all
        the helpful suggestions they other members are posting.
        good luck to all. Roger
      • tracker4user
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2005
          Yes Roger, it is auto ground balance...so you turn it on and go!!!

          As far as considering the hobby, I had never considered it, but got
          a bounty hunter tracker 4 for my 50th bday. I fell in love with the
          hobby that day, and upgraded to the ace 250 3 weeks later. You
          won't find a better stress reliever, and excercise program all in
          one package. I can safely say, you will enjoy the hobby, and you
          won't be disappointed with the ace 250. Welcome aboard, and thanks
          for the introduction!
          Ken

          --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "Roger" <rogandjan@y...> wrote:
          > --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "tracker4user" <milairnut@y...>
          wrote:
          > > Welcome aboard! You are here because you either already own an
          ace
          > > 250 detector, or are considering purchasing one. I want this to
          be an
          > > active group, with plenty of posts. Please indicate where you
          are
          > > from when posting. No flaming or insulting will be tolerated in
          this
          > > group. Thank you and best regards,
          > > Ken-group moderator
          >
          > Hi Ken, My name is roger and I'm from Northern NewHampshire.
          > I am 65 yrs of age and have been considering metal detecting as a
          > pastime. I have read all sorts of info on the ace-250, but can not
          find
          > anything that talks about ground balance. Is it auto?
          > Also having never tried detecting before, I sure will be reading
          all
          > the helpful suggestions they other members are posting.
          > good luck to all. Roger
        • tonypizzabella
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14, 2005
            --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "tracker4user" <milairnut@y...> wrote:
            > Welcome aboard! You are here because you either already own an
            ace
            > 250 detector, or are considering purchasing one. I want this to be
            an
            > active group, with plenty of posts. Please indicate where you are
            > from when posting. No flaming or insulting will be tolerated in
            this
            > group. Thank you and best regards,
            > Ken-group
            moderator
            Hello Mr. Ken. What a wise and good idea for your
            forum on the ace 250.I just found you by reading the garretts
            forum .And now i have a place to talk with guys and girls which owns
            ace 250.My name is Anthony and i live in laval, near Montreal ,
            Quebec , Canada.I am 47 years old will be 48 years old in 5 days on
            the 19 of July.I'm married to a beautiful and very good Italian
            woman and i have 2 good Kids .Nicky is 19 years old and Bianca is 10
            years old.I have an ace 250 which i got in april.I have been reading
            on the net for the past 2 years about this fantastic hobby of metal
            detecting and fell in love with this sport.With a tight budget when
            garrett came out with the ace 250 and all the good reviews ive heard
            and read of this machine was please when the wife gave me the ok to
            get one. Wow was i a very happy man when ive got it.Unfortunally i
            haven't got the chance to go hunting very much about 3 times so
            far.The problem is since i am GREEN at this hobby i do not know how
            to use this machine very well.It is frustrating cause i read and
            hear so many good things about this machine.What i would like is to
            know somebody with an ace 250 near Montreal region which he or she
            could help me learn how to use this machine.Meanwhile thanks again
            Mr, Ken for this forum which i will start reading all the post on
            this forum maybe it will help me to figure out how to use this
            machine properly..Thanks again and have a good hunting season...Ciao
            buddy....Anthony
          • tracker4user
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14, 2005
              Tony welcome aboard! I believe you are the first Canadian on the
              list, and it is an honor to have you on! It is an addicting hobby,
              and I'm sure you will be getting out quite a bit, especially once
              you find some gold or silver "bling" for your lovely wife! (it
              worked for me and my wife...she doesn't mind me going out at all
              now, since she gets the jewelry finds)

              Keep us posted as to your experiences,ok?

              Best regards,
              Ken

              --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "tonypizzabella"

            • tonypizzabella
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 14, 2005
                --- In ace250@yahoogroups.com, "tracker4user" <milairnut@y...> wrote:
                > Tony welcome aboard! I believe you are the first Canadian on the
                > list, and it is an honor to have you on! It is an addicting
                hobby,
                > and I'm sure you will be getting out quite a bit, especially once
                > you find some gold or silver "bling" for your lovely wife! (it
                > worked for me and my wife...she doesn't mind me going out at all
                > now, since she gets the jewelry finds)
                >
                > Keep us posted as to your experiences,ok?
                >
                > Best regards,
                > Ken
                >
                > Thank you Mr. Ken for the nice wellcome.As you say that is
                ecxactly what i want to do if i find some rings or jewelry i will
                give it to the wife and i'm pretty sure she will not mind me doing
                some metal detecting like your wife does with you.WE are wise guys
                in the md hobby .lol.have a great hunting season Mr. Ken..Ciao
                buddy Anthony......