Back from Wacken

  • lemmyrocknroll
    Message 1 of 1587 , Aug 6, 2001
      Hi to everyone ! I�ve survived this cult
      festival. Metalpounder, Skyerider and I met after the
      fantastic Exciter show - hey Flo, what happened to you - I
      couldn�t find the teletubbies ? Desaster and Destroyer 666
      killed my neck with their old school Thrash/Black Metal,
      of course Exciter did, too. Paul Di Anno played like
      10 Maiden classics, but he can�t sing the high vocal
      parts anymore, well... .<br>Saxon made the eagle land
      in front of us and Mot�rhead attacked us with a
      bomber - cool effects ! Overkill played a set full of
      old classics (Hammerhead !!!!) - live they are
      allways killer, but the new albums are just weak.
      Annihilator were good - you could see the fun in Jeff�s eyes.
      Death SS from Italy had a good show to watch, but their
      music is not my cup of tee - too many modern-gothic
      influences. W.A.S.P. did well, but I�ve missed the animal
      Chris Holmes badly ! Therion were quite good, but I
      prefer their atmospheric sound on CD. Germany�s old
      Thrash heroes Exumer were heavy as hell at their
      reunion-gig, the singer was insane. Tankard celebrated a big
      party with their "Alcoholic Metal". The best bands of
      Wacken 2001 were:<br>Jag Panzer - what a setlist, Harry
      was the best singer of the festival.<br>Culprit -
      these veterans from Seattle simply ruled, they did play
      the songs from the Guilty As Charged LP like
      gods.<br>M�go De Oz - 8 men from Spain playing a mixture
      between Metal and folk, PAAAARTYYY !!!! <br>This were my
      3 days of Metal Mania. Over 20.000 freaks joined
      the fest and surely will come back next year.
    • Élaine
      Message 1587 of 1587 , Jan 23 6:07 AM

        > Where is everyone tonight?

        my case: I worry.