Re: Anvil... Greatest Metal Band Ever!!!

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 1587 , Jan 6, 2001
      Wait - Milli Vanilli - that name sounds
      familiar.<br><br>Didn't I see them with Diamond Head, Angelwitch, and
      Motorhead back in '82??<br><br>Incidentally - you are
      entitled to your opinion. Luckily, neither myself, nor
      anyone else on this club bases what music they like
      based on what anyone else thinks.<br><br>You can rank
      on them all you want. It will not deter us. Have
      fun.<br><br>As long as the boyz from up north continue to put
      out records - I'll buy them. As long as they come
      around & play live - I'll be there. If I'm the only one
      left in the world who is a fan of the band - so be it.
      Unlike fans of Top 40 radio - my musical tastes can &
      will never be influenced by any other human being or
      what's commercially acceptable at that moment in time.
      Anvil is, without a doubt, one of the most underrated
      heavy metal bands in history. To this day, they
      continue to write excellent songs, while having monster
      chops to back it all up. <br><br>I have my theories as
      to why Anvil never broke it big - but maybe that's
      for another discussion.<br><br>I never have witnessed
      a band so true to the music they love. Despite
      having a small, cult following these days - they still
      continue to tour & put out new records for the devoted -
      who know the secret - that they are one amazing band
      - still - to this day.<br><br>Incidentally - I've
      now seen Anvil about 6 or 7 times, and I have NEVER
      seen Lips use a dildo to play his guitar with. I mean
      - I know it's an age-old Anvil gimmick - but, for
      whatever reason, I've never been treated to the
      sight.<br><br>As for the Robb Reiner comment. I certainly HOPE
      your kid's Captain Crunch watch has better time than
      Robb. IT'S A WATCH, STUPID!! It's a MACHINE meant for
      keeping time. Reiner is a human being, and it is not out
      of the realm of possibility that he might lose the
      time occasionally. I've even seen Neil Peart mess-up
      live in concert once. Who cares? Reiner is a
      powerhouse drummer, who has his own distinctive style. He is
      regarded by other drummers - and it's for a good
      reason.<br><br>And - ahem - LOSER?? You're the one who lets your kid
      walk around with a Cap'n Crunch watch in the first
      place. No offense to your kid - I'm sure it wasn't his
      choice.
    • √Člaine
      Message 1587 of 1587 , Jan 23, 2003

        > Where is everyone tonight?