Re: [Academy of Anvil] (unknown)

  • Johnny Mezaraups
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 2009
      well said.  Art for the love of art is almost a forgotten concept.  But even so, they never gave up on trying to "make it" as can be shown in their investment in the 13th album and them shopping it around to producers in Cali and at home.  I also play in a band and love it, but have (at some point) given up on trying to "make it."  I love the music, but these guys really wanted to be stars, and they never gave up on that idea, despite the many very obvious obsticles (an ever dwindling audience for metal, etc.).  I wish I had their fortitude.  I always dreamed I would live my life on a tour bus, not behind a desk.. Here's to Anvil!!

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 15, 2009
        Not everything is in print. The first 4 albums are available via a Canadian label...Unidisc.

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 15, 2009
          List of CDs currently in print:

          http://my.tbaytel.net/tgallo/anvil/avail.htm