Re: New Member:Who is/should open for Anvil on US Tour?

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 20, 2009
      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Ben" <benphila@...> wrote:

      > Hey, just joined up. Been a fan of the group since the late 80's.
      > So I was thinking about who would be good on a bill with Anvil on this current US tour coming up. And one band keeps coming to mind as being perfect.....RAVEN!
      >
      > I would love to see these two on a bill.
      > I don't know who is booking this thing, but c'mon! Both bands have been around since the late 70's early 80's..Both have had label/management woes..Both have had a long hard road..But only one had a movie-guy in thier corner..So hey,Lipps, you hit the friggin' rock n' roll lottery man..Time to pay that shit forward..Give Raven a call, and hook em' up with a few support slots!..

      It will doubtfully happen on this tour as it is "The Anvil Experience". The movie plays than the band plays.
    • JAMES
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 21, 2009
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, tgalloca <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Ben" <benphila@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey, just joined up. Been a fan of the group since the late 80's.
        > > So I was thinking about who would be good on a bill with Anvil on this current US tour coming up. And one band keeps coming to mind as being perfect.....RAVEN!
        > >
        > > I would love to see these two on a bill.
        > > I don't know who is booking this thing, but c'mon! Both bands have been around since the late 70's early 80's..Both have had label/management woes..Both have had a long hard road..But only one had a movie-guy in thier corner..So hey,Lipps, you hit the friggin' rock n' roll lottery man..Time to pay that shit forward..Give Raven a call, and hook em' up with a few support slots!..
        > >
        > It will doubtfully happen on this tour as it is "The Anvil Experience". The movie plays than the band plays.

        WOW ! Raven would be awesome!! are they still together, I saw them open for Metalica in a club in San Diego in like 1984 or 85 I love Raven, Saxon , ACCEPT would be nice also
      • JAMES
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 21, 2009
          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "slugguit" <jerryfie@...> wrote:

          > Hi Ben, and welcome to the list!
          >
          > Actually Raven was at Ivan's wedding party (with Robb filling in on drums) and so was my own band, if was fun sharing the same stage as those two great bands that night. (And I'd love to see our footage and Raven's from the movie if there was any in the cuts!) That is an excellent idea, those guys rock!
          >
          > Jerry Fielden
          > AraPacis
          >
          > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Ben" <benphila@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey, just joined up. Been a fan of the group since the late 80's.
          > > So I was thinking about who would be good on a bill with Anvil on this current US tour coming up. And one band keeps coming to mind as being perfect.....RAVEN!
          > >
          > > I would love to see these two on a bill.

          RAVEN or ACCEPT
        • Raymond Mendoza
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 21, 2009
            >>>.But only one had a movie-guy in thier corner..So hey,Lipps, you hit the friggin' rock n' roll lottery man..Time to pay that shit forward..<<<

            Dude, that ain't right. Winning a lotto implies they didn't work to get to where they are at..... THEY DID!

          • ocesd214
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 22, 2009
              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Mendoza <rjm65@...> wrote:

              > Dude, that ain't right. Winning a lotto implies they didn't work to get to where they are at..... THEY DID!

              You got that right bro. If any band has ever paid their dues its Anvil.
            • Ben
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 22, 2009

                > > Dude, that ain't right. Winning a lotto implies they didn't work to get to where they are at..... THEY DID!

                Nah man, you got me wrong.
                Of course they paid the dues..I was just pointing out that for most bands, getting a second chance at recognition after years of being (for most people) a 'what ever happened to..' act..Is about as rare as hitting the powerball...Most rock n' roll bands only ever get one shot, if they're lucky.

                Oh, I got another perfect opener THE RODS!