Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden) on Anvil

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2009
      Nicko just did an interview with Mark Morton from Examiner.com about a few things - including the new Iron Maiden documentary, Flight 666 (I saw a small clip from it and it looks pretty interesting).

      Among many topics....the subject of Anvil came up....here's an excerpt, but you can read the whole thing here:

      http://www.examiner.com/x-5629-Heavy-Metal-Examiner~y2009m6d10-Listen-With-Nicko-Part-Flight-666-Exclusive-Interview-with-Iron-Maiden-Drummer-Nicko-McBrain

      Examiner.com: When I was watching Flight 666, it made me think about Anvil! The Story of Anvil, and how your movie is somewhat of the flipside to theirs. You both are bands that struggled very hard to make it in a genre that the general public did not understand, you never gave up. But where your hard work eventually clicked, theirs, for whatever reason never did. What are your feelings on that?

      McBrain: "Yeah, you're absolutely right. But, you know what I love about them? They're true to form, true to what they love, true to what they do.

      We were very fortunate to be at the right place at the right time, and knew who we knew. We've been blessed with two of the best managers in the business and have been for nearly 30 years.

      And, it seems that the boys from Anvil didn't really have that. The one thing you can rely on is that they remained true to their faith in what they do and what they believe in. they stood by their guns and never compromised.

      The problem there is that they didn't have anyone who believed in them as much as they believed in themselves. And I think that's what Maiden what we are and how we've survived through today is class, panache, a good-looking frickin' drummer, and good management."