Happy New Year & some news

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
      It's been a few months since anyone posted.

      Happy 2009 everyone....I hope everyone's holidays were happy & merry
      and all of that.

      My new year's resolution (well - one of many) is to be a little more
      active here. There's a lot going on with Anvil & the success of the
      movie - and I hope we can keep the conversations going.

      In the news....Anvil will be on VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show"
      co-hosted by long-running metal DJ Eddie Trunk (I've been listening to
      his Friday Night Rocks radio show in NY for years). I've heard Eddie
      play "Metal on Metal" on numerous occasions on his show....so it's
      great that he's having the boys on.

      Anvil will be taping the show on February 25th and will be aired in
      Season 2 as Episode 5. Man...wondering if there's a way I can get in
      the studio audience for that.

      Anvil has 1 show booked....

      March 13, 2009 @ Velvet Underground, Toronto

      As always....support the official Anvil website - http://anvilmetal.tk/

      ...and MySpace page....

      www.myspace.com/anvilmetal

      Here's to a great 2009!
    • Jimmy Crackcorn
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
        I just found out that you can indeed get free tickets to the taping
        of the VH1 shows. One way is to go here -
        http://www.jimflorentine.com/ for information and an email address
        to request tix. It says that they tape 2 shows a session and it
        takes about 4 hours in the afternoon. Cool way to spend a little
        time and if I lived down there I'd wanna go a few times.

        I also went to Amazon.com today and signed up for an alert when the
        AnViL book of the movie comes out.

        ~~Catdeli~~

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        >> > In the news....Anvil will be on VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show"
        > co-hosted by long-running metal DJ Eddie Trunk (I've been
        listening to
        > his Friday Night Rocks radio show in NY for years). I've heard
        Eddie
        > play "Metal on Metal" on numerous occasions on his show....so it's
        > great that he's having the boys on.
        >
        > Anvil will be taping the show on February 25th and will be aired in
        > Season 2 as Episode 5. Man...wondering if there's a way I can get
        in
        > the studio audience for that.
        >

        > As always....support the official Anvil website -
        http://anvilmetal.tk/

        > ...and MySpace page....
        >
        > www.myspace.com/anvilmetal
        >
        > Here's to a great 2009!

      • Myche
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
          * Greetings from Humboldt County*,*Northern California here .... deep in
          the Emerald Triangle, behind the mighty Redwood Curtain on the Lost Coast
          and I would like to send out a shout to my fellow Anvil friends*.
          *
          Good luck with VH1 and all future endeavors! Can't wait to hear a
          soundboard recording from the immortal ANVIL !

          If it's too loud, you're too old - get the F out, because you have been told
          !!

          Respectfully,

          ~Myche W.
          *