Back from NYC

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
      It's a superb movie and so far, the critics are very honest
      describing it.Except that Catdeli and I weren't critics or reporters
      and it maybe touched us a little bit more. There were fans from
      L'AMOURS and they brought a lot of good energy.

      I won't tell you a thing about the movie because you really have to
      sit and watch. It goes straight to the heart and if you like Anvil
      as a band, you'll love the movie because it shows why they're
      great.

      They came on the stage and had a standing ovation after the movie.
      Sacha was there and they were looking very optimistic. The BAM café
      Is New York Style, very "chic". But I couldn't see Anvil, the floor
      was flat and there was no way to push the giants in front of me.

      Sacha came to play School Love and Catdeli will probably post the
      playlist that is still in his bag. They played "Flying blind" from
      T.I.T and Race against time (kicked ass!). The Forged in Fire guitar
      solo sounded so good damn! I was feeling it going through my
      guts...like in the good old time!

      Before the show, I shook Lips and Robbo's hand. I didn't see them
      since 2003 so I don't blame them if they didn't recognize me. But
      man, they're busy with all kind of people around them. I mean,
      everybody is around them shaking hands, chatting and I think that I
      saw a body guard!!. I should be sad that they didn't have the time to
      chat with us, but no...that's what I always wanted for them: to be
      the stars that they deserve to be!

      I texted Lips this morning after and he answered that he saw Catdeli
      (6 feet tall), then I told to myself: "Even not a movie changed him,
      he's still the humble Lips and he returns his messages". He's such a
      great musician and a great guy.

      The movie gives the opportunity to know Robbo a lot better. He talks
      in the movie and....he's also extremely funny. I discovered who he
      was and again, it explained why he's my favorite drummer.

      G5 had almost his "ovation" because of........well I can't tell, it
      would
      spoil the True Story of Anvil.

      If I well understood though the screams, the movie should be out
      after the summer.

      Sorry about my English.

      tange

      P.S. Pics were forbidden and the ones we got on our cell suck.
      cell phones suck.
    • Jimmy Crackcorn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
        Hey all,

        Back from Brooklyn, Yo! The movie was so well done and you need to
        see it on the big screen for full effect. The crowd there loved it
        and enjoyed the Q & A session with the band and Sacha afterward.
        I had hoped to get a bunch of shots of the concert but the BAM staff
        was right on us to not take any pictures. The Pro photogs with their
        big SLR's were allowed to snap away. So that was that.

        Here is the setlist as we remember it:
        March Of The Crabs
        This Is Thirteen
        Winged Assassins
        666
        Flying Blind
        Race Against Time
        Forged In Fire
        School Love(Sacha on drums)
        Jackhammer
        Metal On Metal

        It was a very intimate concert with the band set up in a small alcove
        and everybody gathered around on the floor in their faces. Small P A
        but good sound and not crushingly loud(not that there's anything
        wrong with that!).
        catdeli
      • captain2man
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
          Thanks for posting the reviews.

          Again - I'm sorry that I didn't think to get tix in advance...for me
          not to have been there was pretty upsetting to me.

          Actually - I got the message too late - but apparently they did
          release some tix at the last minute.

          It also would have been great to finally meet Tange & Catdeli.

          Hopefully there will be another big screen showing of the movie at
          some point...and I'm not worried about seeing Anvil again....I know as
          long as those guys are still rockin' - they'll make their way down to
          the NYC area every so often.

          Guess I'll just have to sit back & wait for the DVD release.