Re: [Academy of Anvil] Anvil at the Bovine - April 19th, 2008

  • Christian Bobak
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
      You're welcome. Here's some more.

      What would the show have been without this classic?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg

      Matt Ingram <mattingram@...> wrote: wicked.. .thanks for sharing.. now I'm more depressed I missed this
      weekend!! hahah

      Matt.

      Christian Bobak wrote:

      > The show last night was killer. One of the best sets I've ever seen
      > them play. The place was packed solid, everyone was in a great mood
      > and the energy was crackling.
      >
      > Here's a video I took of director Sacha Gervasi playing drums with Anvil:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU>

      \m/ HEAVY METAL EARTHQUAKE \m/

      JOE THRASHER - Thrash Metal Band
      http://www.joethrasher.com
      http://www.myspace.com/joethrasher

    • Christian Bobak
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
        Okay, that's weird; I sent a post containing the link for Metal on Metal
        but it looks like it never made it to the group.

        Here it is again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg
        <http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg>

        Christian

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Matt Ingram <mattingram@...>
        wrote:

        > I wasn't at their show but like Christian said..they usually play
        > those. they probably played the following as well:
        >
        > Metal on Metal
        > White Rhino - into a new instrumental (not recorded yet)
        > Computer Drone
        > March of the Crabs (usually the first song of the set then into This
        is
        > Thirteen)
        > School Love
        >
        > that with the others Christian mentioned is typically what the play..
        >
        > Matt.
        > captain2man wrote:
        > >
        > > Setlist??
        > >
        > > Are they playing lots of stuff from the new one?
        > >
        > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, Christian Bobak
        > > kubrickrules2001@ wrote:
        > > >
        > > > The show last night was killer. One of the best sets I've ever
        seen
        > > them play. The place was packed solid, everyone was in a great mood
        > > and the energy was crackling.
        > > >
        > > > Here's a video I took of director Sacha Gervasi playing drums with
        > > Anvil:
        > > >
        > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU
        > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU>

      • captain2man
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
          Your original message was detected as being "possible spam" (don't
          know why)...I approved it...not that it now matters.

          I know I'm extremely inactive in this forum...but I am the group owner
          so I still GOTS THE POWER!! (Plenty Of Power...haha...)

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Bobak"
          <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:

          > Okay, that's weird; I sent a post containing the link for Metal on Metal
          > but it looks like it never made it to the group.
          >

          > Here it is again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg
          > <http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg>
          >
          > Christian
          >

          > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Matt Ingram <mattingram@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I wasn't at their show but like Christian said..they usually play
          > > those. they probably played the following as well:
          > >
          > > Metal on Metal
          > > White Rhino - into a new instrumental (not recorded yet)
          > > Computer Drone
          > > March of the Crabs (usually the first song of the set then into This
          > is
          > > Thirteen)
          > > School Love
          > >
          > > that with the others Christian mentioned is typically what the play..
          > >
          > > Matt.
          > > captain2man wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Setlist??
          > > >
          > > > Are they playing lots of stuff from the new one?
          > > >
          > > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
          > > > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, Christian Bobak

          > seen
          > > > them play. The place was packed solid, everyone was in a great mood
          > > > and the energy was crackling.

          > > > Anvil:

          > > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU>

        • Jerry F
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 21, 2008
            Thank you so much for all the awesome live vids!!

            Cheers! Jerry
            www.arapacis.com