Re: [Academy of Anvil] Anvil at the Bovine - April 19th, 2008

  • Christian Bobak
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
      You're welcome. Here's some more.

      What would the show have been without this classic?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg

      Matt Ingram <mattingram@...> wrote: wicked.. .thanks for sharing.. now I'm more depressed I missed this
      weekend!! hahah

      Matt.

      Christian Bobak wrote:

      > The show last night was killer. One of the best sets I've ever seen
      > them play. The place was packed solid, everyone was in a great mood
      > and the energy was crackling.
      >
      > Here's a video I took of director Sacha Gervasi playing drums with Anvil:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU>

      \m/ HEAVY METAL EARTHQUAKE \m/

      JOE THRASHER - Thrash Metal Band
      http://www.joethrasher.com
      http://www.myspace.com/joethrasher

    • Matt Ingram
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
        I wasn't at their show but like Christian said..they usually play
        those. they probably played the following as well:

        Metal on Metal
        White Rhino - into a new instrumental (not recorded yet)
        Computer Drone
        March of the Crabs (usually the first song of the set then into This is
        Thirteen)
        School Love

        that with the others Christian mentioned is typically what the play..

        Matt.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
          Okay, that's weird; I sent a post containing the link for Metal on Metal
          but it looks like it never made it to the group.

          Here it is again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg
          <http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg>

          Christian

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Matt Ingram <mattingram@...>
          wrote:

          > I wasn't at their show but like Christian said..they usually play
          > those. they probably played the following as well:
          >
          > Metal on Metal
          > White Rhino - into a new instrumental (not recorded yet)
          > Computer Drone
          > March of the Crabs (usually the first song of the set then into This
          is
          > Thirteen)
          > School Love
          >
          > that with the others Christian mentioned is typically what the play..
          >
          > Matt.
          > captain2man wrote:
          > >
          > > Setlist??
          > >
          > > Are they playing lots of stuff from the new one?
          > >
          > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, Christian Bobak
          > > kubrickrules2001@ wrote:
          > > >
          > > > The show last night was killer. One of the best sets I've ever
          seen
          > > them play. The place was packed solid, everyone was in a great mood
          > > and the energy was crackling.
          > > >
          > > > Here's a video I took of director Sacha Gervasi playing drums with
          > > Anvil:
          > > >
          > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU
          > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU>

        • captain2man
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
            Your original message was detected as being "possible spam" (don't
            know why)...I approved it...not that it now matters.

            I know I'm extremely inactive in this forum...but I am the group owner
            so I still GOTS THE POWER!! (Plenty Of Power...haha...)

            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Bobak"
            <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:

            > Okay, that's weird; I sent a post containing the link for Metal on Metal
            > but it looks like it never made it to the group.
            >

            > Here it is again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg
            > <http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg>
            >
            > Christian
            >

            > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Matt Ingram <mattingram@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I wasn't at their show but like Christian said..they usually play
            > > those. they probably played the following as well:
            > >
            > > Metal on Metal
            > > White Rhino - into a new instrumental (not recorded yet)
            > > Computer Drone
            > > March of the Crabs (usually the first song of the set then into This
            > is
            > > Thirteen)
            > > School Love
            > >
            > > that with the others Christian mentioned is typically what the play..
            > >
            > > Matt.
            > > captain2man wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Setlist??
            > > >
            > > > Are they playing lots of stuff from the new one?
            > > >
            > > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
            > > > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, Christian Bobak

            > seen
            > > > them play. The place was packed solid, everyone was in a great mood
            > > > and the energy was crackling.

            > > > Anvil:

            > > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU>

          • Jerry F
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 21, 2008
              Thank you so much for all the awesome live vids!!

              Cheers! Jerry
              www.arapacis.com