Re: [Academy of Anvil] Anvil at the Bovine - April 19th, 2008

  • Matt Ingram
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
      wicked.. .thanks for sharing.. now I'm more depressed I missed this
      weekend!! hahah

      Matt.

      Christian Bobak wrote:

      > The show last night was killer. One of the best sets I've ever seen
      > them play. The place was packed solid, everyone was in a great mood
      > and the energy was crackling.
      >
      > Here's a video I took of director Sacha Gervasi playing drums with Anvil:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU>

      \m/ HEAVY METAL EARTHQUAKE \m/

      JOE THRASHER - Thrash Metal Band
      http://www.joethrasher.com
      http://www.myspace.com/joethrasher
    • Christian Bobak
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
        You're welcome. Here's some more.

        What would the show have been without this classic?

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg

        Matt Ingram <mattingram@...> wrote: wicked.. .thanks for sharing.. now I'm more depressed I missed this
        weekend!! hahah

        Matt.

        Christian Bobak wrote:

        > The show last night was killer. One of the best sets I've ever seen
        > them play. The place was packed solid, everyone was in a great mood
        > and the energy was crackling.
        >
        > Here's a video I took of director Sacha Gervasi playing drums with Anvil:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU>

        \m/ HEAVY METAL EARTHQUAKE \m/

        JOE THRASHER - Thrash Metal Band
        http://www.joethrasher.com
        http://www.myspace.com/joethrasher

      • captain2man
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
          Setlist??

          Are they playing lots of stuff from the new one?

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Christian Bobak

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
            They played a bit from the new one. I think they started off the set with This is Thirteen. They also did American Refugee and a few others (I think Bombs Away and Axe to Grind). They did Mad Dog from Strength of Steel which was fun because hard-core fan "Mad Dog" was there. :P Some other tunes they played were Mothra, 666, Winged Assassins, Blood on the Ice, Race Against Time, etc. I can't remember every song they did because, quite frankly, I was drunk.

            Here's Forged in Fire:

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLXGNk3-pcI

            Christian

            captain2man <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Setlist??

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
              I wasn't at their show but like Christian said..they usually play
              those. they probably played the following as well:

              Metal on Metal
              White Rhino - into a new instrumental (not recorded yet)
              Computer Drone
              March of the Crabs (usually the first song of the set then into This is
              Thirteen)
              School Love

              that with the others Christian mentioned is typically what the play..

              Matt.

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
                Okay, that's weird; I sent a post containing the link for Metal on Metal
                but it looks like it never made it to the group.

                Here it is again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg

                --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Matt Ingram <mattingram@...>

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 20, 2008
                  Your original message was detected as being "possible spam" (don't
                  know why)...I approved it...not that it now matters.

                  I know I'm extremely inactive in this forum...but I am the group owner
                  so I still GOTS THE POWER!! (Plenty Of Power...haha...)

                  <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:

                  > Okay, that's weird; I sent a post containing the link for Metal on Metal
                  > but it looks like it never made it to the group.
                  >

                  > Here it is again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg
                  > <http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Qbf554Vg>
                  >
                  > Christian
                  >

                  > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Matt Ingram <mattingram@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I wasn't at their show but like Christian said..they usually play
                  > > those. they probably played the following as well:
                  > >
                  > > Metal on Metal
                  > > White Rhino - into a new instrumental (not recorded yet)
                  > > Computer Drone
                  > > March of the Crabs (usually the first song of the set then into This
                  > is
                  > > Thirteen)
                  > > School Love
                  > >
                  > > that with the others Christian mentioned is typically what the play..
                  > >
                  > > Matt.
                  > > captain2man wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Setlist??
                  > > >
                  > > > Are they playing lots of stuff from the new one?
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
                  > > > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, Christian Bobak

                  > seen
                  > > > them play. The place was packed solid, everyone was in a great mood
                  > > > and the energy was crackling.

                  > > > Anvil:

                  > > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdyURR22rU>

                • Jerry F
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 21, 2008
                    Thank you so much for all the awesome live vids!!

                    Cheers! Jerry
                    www.arapacis.com