Thanks for the pics!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2008
      Hey, it was great to see pictures of Lips, Robb and G5. It's lucky that
      I knew it was Dave Allison because he really doesn't look the same. I
      mean, we all change but not radically. It's too bad that he didn't
      agree to be interviewed for the movie. In 1980 and 81, I thought he was
      great and he always performed well on stage in QC City. It's
      when "Lips" became "Anvil" that he changed a bit and after he didn't
      get better. What matters is that he looks happy...Thank you again!

      We wait for the movie "in the land of the freeeeee..."

      tange
    • Jerry F
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2008
        I'm really looking forward to seeing the film and eventually the DVD...
        and the pics are indeed really cool!

        Hi Tange!

        Jerry
        www.arapacis.com
      • captain2man
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
          Hey Tange...it's been awhile.

          I can actually see that it's Allison...he just looks his age...and
          like a guy who no longer needed to keep up the rock 'n' roll look.

          Lips & Robb kept going - stayed a part of the scene - and kept up the
          way they needed to feel they should look. Doubtful that either Lips
          or Robb would look like they currently look if the band had broken up
          20 years ago.

          Thanks for the photos man!

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
            Maybe you're right. But Ian was looking like "Ian" on the last
            pictures that I saw. I think that feeling "rocker" is in the mind and
            it reflects on your appearance. If I look at Anvil's old fans, they
            look heavy. It doesn't matter that you gained some weight or that you
            lost a few hairs: you gotta rock! Getting old is awesome...mostly
            with the new technologies. I work out everyday with my mp3 player
            plugged on a speaker and I can't believe how small it is and how loud
            it can be. I found a CD of a band that I liked when I was 13 (Babe
            Ruth) and burned that on the player. "Joker", "Well's Fargo"...rock
            is like a "time machine". Then, I sat down at the computer and found
            Babe Ruth on youtube playing live at Ottawa! Music keeps me young and
            it's the same thing for Catdeli. He listens to all kinds of weird
            stuff and he just doesn't feel to wear like "his age". A t-shirt, a
            pair of jeans and you look 10 years younger. I have neighbors that
            were at Woodstock and they still look like hippies. Grateful dead's
            fans :)

            Keep on pounding!! Old Tange :0)

            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@...>