[Academy of Anvil] Re: Anvil! The Story of Anvil

  • Christian Bobak
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19, 2008
      Whoops. I guess the pic didn't make it here for some reason. I guess
      you have the group settings on no HTML. I'll try to upload them to the
      photos section.

      Christian

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Christian Bobak
      <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:

      > This is me with him after the screening yesterday:
      >

      > tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      I hope I make it into the DVD extras.

      > So Dave Allison was there eh? I wish he had agreed to be interviewed
      > for the flick but he wanted nothing to do with it. There was even a
      > plan to get the original lineup to do a tune onstage. Ian Dickson has
      > jammed with them a couple times over the past couple of years.
    • Christian Bobak
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19, 2008
        Photos are uploaded:

        a?c=
        <http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/academyofanvil/photos/browse/43\
        da?c=>

        <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:

        > Whoops. I guess the pic didn't make it here for some reason. I guess
        > you have the group settings on no HTML. I'll try to upload them to the
        > photos section.
        >
        > Christian
        >

        > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Christian Bobak
        > kubrickrules2001@ wrote:
        > >
        > > This is me with him after the screening yesterday:
        > >

        > > tgalloca no_reply@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > I hope I make it into the DVD extras.
        > >
        > > So Dave Allison was there eh? I wish he had agreed to be
        interviewed
        > > for the flick but he wanted nothing to do with it. There was even a
        > > plan to get the original lineup to do a tune onstage. Ian Dickson
        has
        > > jammed with them a couple times over the past couple of years.

      • Matt Ingram
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19, 2008
          great pics.. thanks for posting!.. I had tickets to go to the Friday
          screening, but had an emergency pop up that stop me from going :(..
          bummed I missed seeing it. Would've liked to been there for the Q&A as
          well.

          Matt.

          Christian Bobak wrote:

          > Photos are uploaded:

          > a?c=
          > <http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/academyofanvil/photos/browse/43da?c=>
          > da?c=
          > <http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/academyofanvil/photos/browse/43da?c=>>
          >
          > Christian
          >
          > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, "Christian Bobak"
          > <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Whoops. I guess the pic didn't make it here for some reason. I guess
          > > you have the group settings on no HTML. I'll try to upload them to the
          > > photos section.
          > >
          > > Christian
          > >

          > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, Christian Bobak
          > > kubrickrules2001@ wrote:
          > > >
          > > > This is me with him after the screening yesterday:
          > > >

          > > > tgalloca no_reply@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > > I hope I make it into the DVD extras.
          > > >
          > > > So Dave Allison was there eh? I wish he had agreed to be
          > interviewed
          > > > for the flick but he wanted nothing to do with it. There was even a
          > > > plan to get the original lineup to do a tune onstage. Ian Dickson
          > has
          > > > jammed with them a couple times over the past couple of years.

          \m/ HEAVY METAL EARTHQUAKE \m/

          JOE THRASHER - Thrash Metal Band
          http://www.joethrasher.com
          http://www.myspace.com/joethrasher
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 23, 2008
            Thanks man!!!

            great to see a recent pic of Dave
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 24, 2008
              I read a comment on Anvil MySpace that says that the Première of the
              movie should be in New York City at the end of May. Does somebody knows
              the date? I checked the movie site and didn't find anything. Thanks!

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 24, 2008
                All I know so far is that it is playing one more time in Toronto this coming Sunday, April 27th at the Royal Theatre at 608 College St. at 9:30pm. That might be the last of Hot Docs or it could be just a one-off at a repertory cinema. After that, I'm not sure where it will play.

                Christian