Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Anvil! The Story of Anvil

  • Christian Bobak
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19, 2008
      This is me with him after the screening yesterday:

      tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I hope I make it into the DVD extras.

      So Dave Allison was there eh? I wish he had agreed to be interviewed
      for the flick but he wanted nothing to do with it. There was even a
      plan to get the original lineup to do a tune onstage. Ian Dickson has
      jammed with them a couple times over the past couple of years.

    • Christian Bobak
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19, 2008
        Whoops. I guess the pic didn't make it here for some reason. I guess
        you have the group settings on no HTML. I'll try to upload them to the
        photos section.

        Christian

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Christian Bobak

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19, 2008
          Photos are uploaded:

          a?c=
          <http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/academyofanvil/photos/browse/43\
          da?c=>

          <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:

          > Whoops. I guess the pic didn't make it here for some reason. I guess
          > you have the group settings on no HTML. I'll try to upload them to the
          > photos section.
          >
          > Christian
          >

          > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Christian Bobak
          > kubrickrules2001@ wrote:
          > >
          > > This is me with him after the screening yesterday:
          > >

          > > tgalloca no_reply@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > I hope I make it into the DVD extras.
          > >
          > > So Dave Allison was there eh? I wish he had agreed to be
          interviewed
          > > for the flick but he wanted nothing to do with it. There was even a
          > > plan to get the original lineup to do a tune onstage. Ian Dickson
          has
          > > jammed with them a couple times over the past couple of years.

        • Matt Ingram
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 19, 2008
            great pics.. thanks for posting!.. I had tickets to go to the Friday
            screening, but had an emergency pop up that stop me from going :(..
            bummed I missed seeing it. Would've liked to been there for the Q&A as
            well.

            Matt.

            Christian Bobak wrote:

            > Photos are uploaded:

            > a?c=
            > <http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/academyofanvil/photos/browse/43da?c=>
            > da?c=
            > <http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/academyofanvil/photos/browse/43da?c=>>
            >
            > Christian
            >
            > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, "Christian Bobak"
            > <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Whoops. I guess the pic didn't make it here for some reason. I guess
            > > you have the group settings on no HTML. I'll try to upload them to the
            > > photos section.
            > >
            > > Christian
            > >

            > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, Christian Bobak
            > > kubrickrules2001@ wrote:
            > > >
            > > > This is me with him after the screening yesterday:
            > > >

            > > > tgalloca no_reply@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > > I hope I make it into the DVD extras.
            > > >
            > > > So Dave Allison was there eh? I wish he had agreed to be
            > interviewed
            > > > for the flick but he wanted nothing to do with it. There was even a
            > > > plan to get the original lineup to do a tune onstage. Ian Dickson
            > has
            > > > jammed with them a couple times over the past couple of years.

            \m/ HEAVY METAL EARTHQUAKE \m/

            JOE THRASHER - Thrash Metal Band
            http://www.joethrasher.com
            http://www.myspace.com/joethrasher
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 23, 2008
              Thanks man!!!

              great to see a recent pic of Dave
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 24, 2008
                I read a comment on Anvil MySpace that says that the Première of the
                movie should be in New York City at the end of May. Does somebody knows
                the date? I checked the movie site and didn't find anything. Thanks!

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 24, 2008
                  All I know so far is that it is playing one more time in Toronto this coming Sunday, April 27th at the Royal Theatre at 608 College St. at 9:30pm. That might be the last of Hot Docs or it could be just a one-off at a repertory cinema. After that, I'm not sure where it will play.

                  Christian